5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 7:08 AM by Dyxade Pendragon

Another Directory Problem

Dyxade Pendragon

AfterFX.png

You tell me..

This is the Trial version of Adobe AfterFX CC and third time reinstalling it..

I'd like to point out that I cannot simply press the 'OK' button, as it is basically

not giving me a chance to fix it within the application itself.

There is no such folder as C & T, I assure you. I would like to know on how

to change the directory if possible. Again error appears on start up, I would have

to end the application with Task Manager, as it is the only way.

• 1. Re: Another Directory Problem
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

We van't know. You are not providing system information or other details. Thats an UNC path from a maped network resource or external drive and coul relate to the preferences or disk caches.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Another Directory Problem
            Dyxade Pendragon Level 1

I don't see much details needed, however if that will help anyhow with this trial version of After FX CC, then by all means.

Screenshot_1.png

If you don't find the solution to this problem, I'll get some real help from say my other Adobe certified partners.. :l
            It's a trial, for goodness sake. In fact the trial had already started, and I can't use it. 23 days probably.. ._.

I just want to try it and see how it goes, but with this problem persisting, nothing.

It was installed correctly, as this again is the 4th time reinstalling it.

Screenshot_2.png

But Photoshop CC works with no problems, so don't even bring it up. :.

Message was edited by: Dyxade Pendragon

• 3. Re: Another Directory Problem
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You're not lidtening. I told yo this is a file path issue so don't you think it would be useful to check your network neighborhood and disk management? This could even be some stored path from a device that no longer exists, so for goodness sake check those things, flush outdated information, disconnect network connections and external drives and whatever...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Another Directory Problem
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Mylenium is leading you in the right direction.

I think that the best thing for you to do is to delete the entire preferences folder(s):

<drive>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\12.0

<drive>\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\12.1

Do this when After Effects is not running. Then, restart After Effects.

This will clear any settings that are storing stale path information.

• 5. Re: Another Directory Problem
                  Dyxade Pendragon Level 1

Thank you guys for the advice, but there is as of yet no solution. Give me around a day, and I will contact back to see if let you know if I have fixed it. The problem still persists, despite my attempts, so yeah.. a day..

No, I thought by reconnecting the old drive network would help, but no change. I had flushed it out completely through the disk management and deleting, and yet it still continues.. Is there any way to modify the file path, even though deleting the Roaming>Adobe>After Effects>12.0 and 12.1 made no change?

And if I can modify it, what should I change the path to? The network is out, yet nothing.

Message was edited by: Dyxade Pendragon