6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 2:38 PM by asydd

App not installing on simulator after Xcode update

ozy08

I've just installed the latest Xcode updates and now when I test the App from Flash CC, it does not appear on simulator? The simulator launches OK however, my app icon does not appear. How can I fix this problem, it was working OK berfore I did the update?

• 1. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
          asydd Level 1

If you find an answer, please yell loudly !

• 2. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
            meenat3

Hi,

Could you please let me know if you are able to find the installed app under following location: User/<username>/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0 folder.

Please Quit the the Simulator and try deleting 7.0 folder. Then, repeat the process of installing tha app on iOS Simulator again. This time the app-icon should get visible.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 3. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
              ozy08 Level 1

Hi

I was unable to locate the folder

User/<username>/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0 folder.

There was no Library folder under my <username> however there was under the folder "Shared", but it did not have a "iPhone Simulator" folder.

I did a "reset content and settings" which is a menu option in the ios simlator, however it did not correct the problem.

The path to the ios simulator I am using is Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDK s/iPhoneSimulator7.0.sdk

and this lauches OK with a version number of ios 7.0.3 displayed at the top.  However, my app icon still does not appear. 

Shoud  the Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0 folder path get created automatically when I run the simulator?

• 4. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
                meenat3 Level 2

Hi,

The path for iOS Simulator, you have provided is correct.

The Library folder is hidden, so please make sure the folder is not hidden. You could also try Go-> Go to Folder and then type ~/Library.

When the app is installed on iOS Simulator, it gets saved to the above said location:

Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/7.0

Hence, please try deleting folder 7.0 and then install the app on iOS Simulator.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Meenakshi

• 5. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
                  ozy08 Level 1

Thanks, thats great, my app is now appearing in the simulator again!

• 6. Re: App not installing on simulator after Xcode update
                    asydd Level 1

Excellent - thank you for the info.

For a new Mac user it took a bit to get the hidden folders to show, couldn't follow your promt but found to use in Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

So now, yes the above worked and for the first time in months, iOS Simulator back on the road.

Next question: I can't publish to the iPad, is there a similar resolve for OS X 9.5 and iOS 7.

First run through on the app I just put to the newly invigorated Simulator gave: Syd: Unable to install the application. Ensure that the selected devices are connected.

The device is connected, switched on and selected.