3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 3:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Exporting .MP4 in Premiere Elements 12

Cove

I've been searching for the correct way to export a file to .MP4 without having poor video quality or dropped frames. I've used the IPad Widescreen High Quality option and even the AVCHD .MP4 - HD 720p 60 option. The first produced a low video quality and the latter dropped frames.

I'm exporting to MP4 to post to youtube. I'm not sure if quantifying that helps, but yeah. Any sort of insight is greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Exporting .MP4 in Premiere Elements 12
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Cove,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, which is a repository for articles on how to do things in Premiere.

I will Move your post to the main Premiere Elements Forum, where more will see it.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to Premiere Elements Forum]

• 2. Re: Exporting .MP4 in Premiere Elements 12
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Meantime, try using Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset.

• 3. Re: Exporting .MP4 in Premiere Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Cove

To get off on the right foot with this, what are the properties of this .mp4 source that you are bringing into a Premiere Elements 12 project?

What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12 on?

I am looking for video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, pixel aspect ratio, duration for starters.

Based on these properties, what have you or the program set as the project preset for the project?

Based on the information that you supply, I will comment on the YouTube choices I would make for the best quality result for the upload to YouTube. What is your intent:

a. export your Timeline to a file saved to computer hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site

b. upload your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline to YouTube via Premiere Elements' Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube?

Your choices may be forced (limited) by the Premiere Elements....Social Website/YouTube limitations of 2.00 GB/15 min.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR