13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 11:19 AM by heathrowe

Animations export for Dreamweaver

hooplife Level 1

I followed this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1155823

but can't seem to get it to work...

I am not sure if I should be saving the animate in the dreamweaver folder or in a different location?  Here is  a screen shot of my hieracrchy and how it is set up in dreamweaver...it displays correctly in "live view"

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 3.41.58 PM.png

and here is how it views in the browser...

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 3.43.24 PM.png

• 1. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

I am not sure why you have all those files nor how you got the Edge object onto the page.

All is required is:

1. From Edge Animate: File > Publish Settings > enable Animate Deply Package.

Then File > Publish

The above will create an .oam package file under the root of the original Edge Animate project.

2. Next, Open Dw, a project site or new File, then Insert > Media Edge Animate Composition.

Save and Preview.

Darrell

• 2. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
            hooplife Level 1

Thanks for reply...yes I inserted using the method you mentioned above and can see simple animations...

My problem now is I am trying to include a .gif file in the animation and that doesn't display properly online.   It displays in the preview in browser but online it doesn't seem to work...

• 3. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

If you can see in Preview, then I suspect your paths are incorrect.

Darrell

• 4. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
                hooplife Level 1

No because the animate file displays correctly, only the gif does not display...so the text animation portion works but where the gif should be the screen is blank...  :/

• 5. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

You said in the previos replay that it displays fine when 'previewed'!!!

Did you add the .gif to the Animate project, re-publish, re-insert into Dw?

d

• 6. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
                    hooplife Level 1

Yes.  In the "preview in browser" it displays correctly.  Yes the gif is in the project and in the dreamweaver site folder.  Has anyone successfully inserted a gif into an animate project and then uploaded it using dreamweaver?

• 7. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

yes - i did a basic test, to verify that the .gif was not the issue. It worked fine.

Please post a url to the remote version.

Darrell

• 9. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

There is nothing in your Edge Animate??? Its possible you did not re-upload to the server ALL the changed files.

Here is your source, notice there is no content between the Stage tags!

yours.jpg

Here is my sample - mind you it should not be anywhere like your original, as it is a simple test file. Assumming that a .gif image is imported into the Edge Animate project, saved as a packaged .oam, then inserted into Dw it should 'resemble' what I have below. Notice all the details in between the Stage tag and a clear reference to an image asset (.gif).

mine.jpg

Darrell

• 10. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
                          hooplife Level 1

I just am really confused right now.

Do i need to save the animate file inside of the folder in Dreamweaver or I can I save the file and then simply publish to dreamweaver? 

I see yours has an index.html file, do I need to save all animate files with that name?

Here is what i am doing to get the result

1. New animate project

2. import the .gif

3. Publish settings: selecting Animate Deployment Package...(should "web" also be selected?  I have tried both with and without)

4. Publish to a folder in my dreamweaver site (does it need to be in the root directory or can it be in any folder in the site?)

5. Instert-media-animate- selecting the .oam file

6. Uploading to server and viewing in web browser

• 11. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

I would keep the animate PROJECT and the Dw SITE definition files separate.

Example

Edge Animate

A. Create project, import assets etc, Save it to a distinct folder location, say on your desktop.

(In my case I have a folder called EdgeProjects on my desktop with all my samples.)

B. Once the project is Saved, File > Publish Settings and enable Animate Deployment Package.

Don't change any settings here. Keep the defaults as is.

C. Then File > Publish

The .oam package will will be created under a subfolder (publish) of the parent Edge Animate project folder.

Example Structure

X Desktop

-- EdgeProjects (folder)

--- My Sample Edge Project   (folder)

-- publish                           (folder)

-- web                           (folder)

-- animate_package     (folder)

xxxx.oam                  (file)

Dw

- Open Site

- Insert > Media > Edge Composition and navigate to Edge Animte project, publish > animate_package subfolder and select the .oam

Dw will take care of the rest.

No you do not need to name the animate files to index. It can be whatever you choose it to be.

I think your step 4 (tossing all the files into your Dw site) is causing confusion + I suspect you may be using the Dw built in FTP.

If possible use a external Ftp program (I use Filezilla - its free), and manually upload the changes to the server.

Darrell

• 12. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver
                              hooplife Level 1

Thanks!  Yeah i was publishing to the location in Dreamweaver and that was throwing everything off I think...I am so used to having to manually place all the relevant files inside dreamweaver so publishing to a location outside DW never seemed like an option.  Thanks again!

• 13. Re: Animations export for Dreamweaver

You are welcome.

Hope it all works out.

Darrell