4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2007 8:06 AM by ednakunkel

Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF

ednakunkel
      I'm working off of the Reviewer's Guide for RoboHelp 7

( http://www.adobe.com/products/robohelp/pdfs/robohelp_7_reviewers_guide.pdf)

and had no problem downloading the attachments, BUT while walking through the instructions, I realized that CustomerCare.xpj, which is needed to do the Try-it exercises, is not on the list of attachments. The only
      attached file with that name is a .css file, but it's spelled in all lowercase letters, and a CSS file just isn't a RoboHelp project file...

The files attached to the PDF I downloaded include:

customercare.css, ExperienceBank.book, ExperienceBankTOC.fm,
      International_Office_Information.htm, Liabilities.fm, ServiceAgreement.
      fm, SWF-For-Framemaker-Import.swf

I can't open a technical support web case because I'm not a registered user...and a customer support web case suggested that I try here in the forums...Just trying to get my hands on the correct file so that I can evaluate this product and get up to speed while all of the purchasing paperwork goes through...
        • 1. Re: Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi ednakunkel and welcome to our community

This project should be listed on the RoboHelp Starter page (the first page you see when you open RoboHelp).

It is normally installed along with the RoboHelp files. Are you saying it wasn't?

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF
            ednakunkel Level 1
            It wasn't installed on my starter page...in lieu of a screen shot, here's what my starter page looks like:

Starter page shows
            Recent Projects
            Open...

WebHelp
            Web Help Pro
            Flash Help
            Flash Help Pro
            More...

Import
            Microsoft HTML Help Project
            Word Document
            More...

Resources
            Adobe User Forum
            RoboHelp Development Center
            Knowledge Base Articles
            Skin Collection
            RoboHelp Support Center

News Announcements
            Adobe FrameMaker
            Adobe Captivat
            Adobe Acrobat

View Online Help
            Quick Tour of RoboHelp

I didn't think about searching my drive for the file until today...it looks like it HAS been installed under ...\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\CustomerCare

Someone might want to change the information in the Reviewer's Guide that states it's included as an attachment in the PDF, though, and it would be REALLY nice to have a link inside the application somewhere to the sample files and/or the Try-it exercises. Of course, it could also be rookie RoboHelp eyes not knowing exactly where to look...I'm used to Adobe products having clear links and access to their tutorials!

: )
            • 3. Re: Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF
              ednakunkel Level 1
              Whoops, these are in my Documents folder, not in the application/programs folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Documents\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\CustomerCare

• 4. Re: Attachments to Reviewer's Guide PDF
                ednakunkel Level 1
                After locating the files that were installed but in an unexpected location, all is working well.

Next time, I'll watch all the selections IT makes when it does an application installation...