6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 4:58 PM by Carl Sun

Extensions Manager Photoshop

GhofraniGraphics Level 1

Extensions Manager not available in Photoshop CS6 under Window/Extensions

• 1. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
          Carl Sun Level 4

Extension Manager never shows up in Photoshop. I guess what you mean is that Adobe Exchange is not available in Photoshop. Have you downloaded Exchange Panel from http://www.adobeexchange.com and installed it with Extension Manager CS6?

• 2. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
            GhofraniGraphics Level 1

Yes, you're correct. I do mean that Adobe Exchange is not available in Photoshop after completeing a download of software and installation on my Mac. My confusion lies more specifically with wether or not the CS6 or CC version of Adobe Exchange is the correct version for me. I have an annual membership with Adobe of the Creative Suite but it downloads from the Cloud so I'm confused as to which version is the correct one for me. Sorry, this probably seems like a really stupid question to you. Any help is appreciated. I first downloaded and installed the CC version then when AE was not available when I tried to access it in Photoshop, I installed the CS6 version. All that that is available using Window/Extensionsis is "Kuler" and "Mini Bridge" - no sign of AE. Thanks in advance your help.

• 3. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
              Carl Sun Level 4

For Photoshop CS6, CS6 version of Adobe Exchange Panel is correct. Could you find "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CS6ServiceManager/extensions/AdobeExchange" folder?

• 4. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
                GhofraniGraphics Level 1

Thank you Carl, now I am at least certain about the appropriate version of the software. No, the Adobe Exchange folder is not in the extensions folder you specified. I suppose this means that the download was not successful?

• 5. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
                  GhofraniGraphics Level 1

Carl, when I double click on the AdobeExchangecs6.zxp icon to launch and install, the window that opens reads "Adobe Extension Manager CC" to the right of the Extension logo/icon. Under products it lists Dream Weaver so I'm suspicious about this actually being the CS6 version. Shouldn't it include Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well?

• 6. Re: Extensions Manager Photoshop
                    Carl Sun Level 4

Each version of Extension Manager only installs and manages extensions for corresponding version of products. Extension Manager CC only lists Dreamweaver CC, Photoshop CC, etc. CS6 version of products will not be listed.

Extension Manager CC was launched when ZXP file was double clicked because you installed Extension Manager CC after Extension Manager CS6. A specific file type can only associate with one application, no matter Windows or Mac. So you have to launch Extension Manager CS6 manually, then click "Install" button and select the AdobeExchangecs6.zxp to install it.