4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 7:31 AM by ceencha

Typographer's Quotes CS 5 In Design

ceencha Level 1

Hello!

For some reason, whenever I save my (long) document, it removes the "check mark" in "USE TYPOGRAPHER'S QUOTES."

I keep trying to remember to select it each time I open my document, and nothing fixes this problem … even exporting the file as IDML.

IS THERE A WAY to search the entire document for "non-educated" quote marks?  THANKS !

• 1. Re: Typographer's Quotes CS 5 In Design
          [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

Check your Preferences with all documents closed. There is also a hotkey toggle -- I always forget which one it is, so I often toggle it accidentally while trying to insert a curly quote (Quick Reminder To Self: Remove from Shortcut Keys Tomorrow!).

You can search for explicit straight single and double quotes by prepending a ^ in the Search field:

^'

^"

and simply enter a single " or ' in the Replace field. If Typo Quotes is enabled, the replaced ones will automatically curl.

Some further options are discussed in this recent thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5867346

• 2. Re: Typographer's Quotes CS 5 In Design
            ceencha Level 1

Thank you — you have SAVED MY LIFE !!!

P.S.

I have changed my doc prefs with all documents closed many times, but it doesn't help.  There's some kind of bug with my In Design CS 5.5

Toggle Typographer's Quotes Preference --- Default: Opt+Shift+Cmd+'
            • 3. Re: Typographer's Quotes CS 5 In Design
              [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

It might be a bug, but also remember that changing the preferences *with* or *without* any document open do nothing for saved documents. It might have taken a while before you realized Typo Quotes were off, and all that time the setting got saved into the ones you were working on.

By the way: just realized I forgot to disable that hotkey in my system. Will try again tomorrow.

• 4. Re: Typographer's Quotes CS 5 In Design
                ceencha Level 1

Right, but changing it INSIDE the saved document ought to fix it, and I've done that 100 times.

It mainly stops working when I save the file under a different name.

(I save versions of my file for safety … 001, 002, etc.)