8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 7:00 AM by the_wine_snob

Shakiness

Dave0518 Level 1

Why is my burned DVD video shaky when viewed on a TV, while the original tape is not?

• 1. Re: Shakiness
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 2. Re: Shakiness
            Dave0518 Level 1

Windows 8 with all the updates.

Premier Elements 10 with all the updates.

GeForce 610M driver 331.82 (Latest)

HP 23qd i7 3.1GHz 16GB memory

This is my first production.   It's from a very old Sony videocam converted to DVD.

• 3. Re: Shakiness
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Is the issue only seen in playback of the DVD-Video, or do you see it when playing back a Rendered Timeline?

If only with the DVD-Video, my first question would be, what blank media are you using?

One of the biggest issues with playback issues, for DVD-Video, is often blank media quality. Cheap blank media often will lead to hanging, jumping and erratic playback.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Shakiness
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>from a very old Sony videocam converted to DVD

Is that a tape camera that you captured using a Firewire digitizing device, so you are editing "original" DV AVI files in PreElements?

• 5. Re: Shakiness
                  Dave0518 Level 1

Really!   Had no idea.  Label on DVD says:

Hi Space DVD-R

120 min 4.7 GB

www.hi-space.com

• 6. Re: Shakiness
                    Dave0518 Level 1

Does not jump nearly as much on Rendered Timeline as from DVD on television.

• 7. Re: Shakiness
                      Dave0518 Level 1

Sony videocam pre-Firewire.  Not sure about the rest of the question...when I look at the Properties of the source file created by PreElements from the tape-->DVD, I don't see much beside frames/sec etc.

• 8. Re: Shakiness
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Dave,

I am unfamiliar with HiSpace blank media. I strongly recommend using Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden or Falcon Pro blank media. I do not know of any others, that might be as good, or better.

I shun Memorex, recent TDK, recent Ritek, and all "store brands" of blank media. They usually buy the cheapest blank media that day, then rebrand it, with their logo. Users have reported 5 different brands of blank media in one Memorex spindle - some work OK, but many do not - depends on where one is, on that spindle.

Using those three brands, I have never had one DVD-Video returned, with about 2,000 discs delivered. Pretty good results, IMHO.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful