1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 12:25 PM by Lucia Lao

Need Help With a Complex Form

immediatemb Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to create a form with 20 options. Each time the user selects one of the options from a Multiple Selection form I want the clubs that cater to those keywords to appear.

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 11.39.39 PM.png

Currently I have it as a single selection as show in this image. If someone selects the Country option they will see all of the clubs that cater to Country music. However, if they deselect Country, and select Hip Hop, then Country clubs are removed from the Show/Hide options, and hip hop clubs appear. Country is the next image. Hip hop is the image after.

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 11.45.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-11-30 at 11.45.31 PM.png

The issue I am having, is that if I go to multiple selection, Country choices doesn't leave, and they blend with hip hop. Is there a way to achieve this?

I was also wondering if there is a way to create a form without the SUBMIT button.

• 1. Re: Need Help With a Complex Form
          Lucia Lao Employee Moderator

Hi,

>>The issue I am having, is that if I go to multiple selection, Country choices doesn't leave, and they blend with hip hop. Is there a way to achieve this?

Yes, the same way you set up your show/hide fields for the Single choice, you can do the same with the multiple choices field.  Let's say you have three choices in the multiple choices field and there is a corresponding image for each choice.  You will define a show/hide rule for each one of the images, for example, show image1 if multiple-choice is 1, then you will define a show/hide rule for image2, show image2 if multiple-choice is 2 ... and so on.

More informaiton on skip logic: https://www.acrobat.com/formscentral/en/library/skip.html

>>I was also wondering if there is a way to create a form without the SUBMIT button.

For Web form, no. 

If you are creating PDF Form (Save As PDF Form..) then you can create a PDF form without the Submit button.  This can be done by selecting in Design Tab / File menu / Save as PDF Form... and then click on the "Don't Collect Responses" button.  Please note that Skip logic is only available in Web form.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Lucia