3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2013 12:58 AM by Willi Adelberger

Cannot install InDesign once removed from computer

sebdea Level 1

Hi Indesign users,

Here are some tech details:

1. MacMini 3.1, 6Gb RAM, OS X 10.9

2. Adobe CC - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator

3. InDesign worked without errors until this morning.

4. No updates from yesterday (Saturday, Novermber 30) and today (December 1st)

5. No fonts installed in between.

What I did:

This morning (December 1st) I tried to open an InDesign file to check if my collaborator finished the project. The file is hosted on Dropbox in a folder we are sharing. Therefore, I did what I am always doing with any of my IND files: double click on it to open it. It opened the file, showed me a white screen with all the InDesign tools and menus. And it stood that way for several minutes until I decide to force IND to quit.

Then I tried again to open just the IND software. IND started to gave me an error like: IND is shuting down from a serious error.....

I turned off the computer and started it again. InDesign opened the file properly, but I cannot do anything: no scrolling, no navigating between pages, nothing. It was frozen showing me a rainbow circle cursor for minutes. Therefore I decide, again, to force the software to close. I cannot open InDesign at all after that. The same message of a serious error is showed.

I delete all kind of files based on things I read on the forum: from caches, workplaces etc. Nothing worked.

As I had enough of those errors I was experiencing several months ago, I decide to completeely remove the InDesign hoping that I can reinstall it again, clean without errors.

I delete all instances where InDesign might be present. At least I think that way.

I shut down the computer and open it again, went to Creative Cloud Desktop Manager and when I tried to choose install InDesign, surprise. The manager is shopwing me that InDesign is Up to Date. I cannot install it.

Please help.

I did a complete instalation of my MAC a month ago just to get rid of those InDesign errors. I had enough of it. I do not care to reinstall my MAC again from zero just because that damn application.

Warm regards,

Sebastian

P.S. I just read on an older post something. In that folder I am sharing there is a file having the extension: *.idlk That's why I cannot open the InDesign file? What to do in the future when I see files like that? Anyway, that is now unimportant since it will not save me from missing installing option for InDesign.

Message was edited by: sebdea