• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolved: Getting Blocked Plug-in error

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS X 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard, trying to upgrade to Maverick (Safari 5.1.10 (6534.59.10).  The upgrade process is stuck at the Flash Player section.  When I try to download the most current version of Flash Player on the Adobe site, I keep getting a Blocked Plug-in error.

Mac Support says that Apple is blocking several versions of Flash Player due to security problems.  They recommended contacting Adobe Support for a version that is not being blocked by Apple.  The download version on Adobe's site is 11.9.  Mac Support says they are allowing an 11.8 version.

I can't find a way to talk voice-to-voice to an Adobe support person which is very frustrating!  I appreciate that the community is available 24x7 and full of folks with more expertise than I have, but when I'm looking for a different software version than what is available on the site, it seems like I would have to be talking directly to someone at Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2013 Dec 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I know what made the difference, but I was finally able to download & install the FP11.9 software a couple of hours ago.

When I worked with the Mac folks they had me check to be sure both the pop-ups & java permissions were on along with making sure the firewall wasn't on.  They also had me de-install/delete everything from the earlier version of FP on my system.

One thing that did trip me up -- the downloaded software window stayed hidden behind the browser window where I was getting my FP plug-in blocked error so tech support & I both assumed that nothing downloaded.  Once I noticed that window in the back & went through the other steps with Mac Support, double-clicking on the downloaded software to install it finally worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines