1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2007 10:52 AM by sharonma

An internal build error has occurred

Faser
      I can't succeed to use Flex Builder 3 beta 3 on Windows Vista using a standard account.
      The error is always the same: An internal build error has occurred.
      I installed FB standalone with an Administrator account. I started FB and everything is OK.
      When I open FB with a standard account the compiler complain about "An internal build error has occurred".
      If I change the SDK to 2.0.1 it works, but using the Flex 3 Beta 3 SDK prevent to compile any new or old project.
      I tried using the SDK not included in FB (flex3sdk_b3_121207.zip) but the result was the same.

!SESSION 2007-12-15 11:46:49.126 -----------------------------------------------
      eclipse.buildId=unknown
      java.version=1.5.0_11
      java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
      BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=it_IT
      Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2007-12-15 11:47:24.141
      !MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderConfiguration.showShadowedDeviceFontWarnings(Z)V
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.MoxieConfiguration.applyMoxieSettings(Mo xieConfiguration.java:61)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.applySettings(ASBuilder.java:2 75)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.setup(ASApplication Builder.java:66)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASItemBuilder.setup(ASItemBuilder.java:5 3)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.BuilderFactory.createBuilder(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.BuilderManager.getBuilder(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.preBuild(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

• 1. Re: An internal build error has occurred
          sharonma
          Hi Faser,

I just tried it on Vista with our latest FB Plugin build but I was unable to reproduce your issue with the following setup:
          - FB Plugin build installed by Administrator account user under her Documents folder
          - Administrator account user can launch, create Flex projects under her own workspace without any problems
          - Standard account user can launch the FB Plugin build (need Admin's password) and create Flex project (default location) under his own workspace

If your setup is different, can you please log a bug at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex. Be sure to include what build you are using, whether it's reproducible, the detail of the setup, etc...

thanks,
          Sharon