Time to upgrade to Windows 7 or 8...
It works best at 64 bit 8 gig of ram and a mid range video card with 1g VRAM
I'll add a big 'me too' to that. Thank your lucky stars you have a good excuse to put the horror of Vista behind you. What spec is the computer?
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (2GHz or faster)
- Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1*
- 1GB of RAM
- 2.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
- 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with OpenGL® 2.0, 16-bit color, and 512MB of VRAM (1GB recommended)†
- Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.‡
I know it's an "I told you so", but you really should have researched it before making the purchase.
You are right. Guess I have to take the plunge and install Windows 8. Thanks.