• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why "exceeding 80% of host limit" warning?

Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a first time host, just started in Oct. '13--AC Meeting. Paid for 3 hosts. While 1 host was on with 5 attendees, she couldn't chat and got a warning notice that we were almost exceeding the 80% limit for hosts. How can this be if only 1 host was leading the meeting?

Other questions:

2. Can I make a repeated weekly meeting for the same group? When I create a User meeting, it only gives me drop-downs with one date option and 1 duration time. But I'd like to make this a weekly meeting, same day and time.

3. When 2 hosts are in the meeting, we show up as Host 1 and Host 2. How can I change this to the real name of Host #2?

4. How can I create a group so that I don't have to manually add each attendee to the participant list?

Thanks!

lmi2dl

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lmi2dl,

No need to duplicate post, but I'll address the additional questions here.

2. Meetings created in Connect are persistent. This means they are available 24/7/365. So you can use them whenever you need. The internal calendar tool of Connect is... simple. So it doesn't provide a method of 'scheduling' a recurring meeting, but the meeting room doesn't look to this calendar for creation/deletion/access to the room. So disregard it. Just use Outlook (or whatever calendar tool you use) to create a meeting request, put a recursion on it, and then place the URL for the meeting in the body, telling the attendees to go there.

3. Don't share logins. This is against the End User License Agreement (EULA) for Connect. The Meeting Hosts should have their own user specific logins. If everyone uses their own unique login, then you shouldn't see the User, User 2, User 3 naming convention. Only one individual with a meeting host license is needed to activate a room and allow full functionality, so additional users can use whatever credentials they have. Or they can join a room as a Guest and then be promoted up. If you need more than 3 host licenses, talk to your reseller.

4. This is a more complicated question than it seems.

a. You may be trying to do too much here. Individuals can join your room as Guests (don't need accounts on your system) or can use individual usernames and passwords. On public rooms (anyone who has the url for access) you don't need to approve anyone's entry, so you don't need to pre-define attendees, unless you want to predefine elevated roles (Presenter or Host). With private rooms (the other two options), you will have to manually accept non-predefined users or guests (if allowed), but still don't need to pre-populate the participant list, unless that is desired to reduce workload during the meeting and predefine elevated roles.

b. If you want to use groups to populate the participant, that is an Admin function. Go to Administration > Users and Groups. There you can create a group and add/remove user to that group as you see fit. Adding the group to the participant list for the meeting will give the current individuals in the group permissions to access the meeting at whatever user level the group is defined as. As a side note, keep in mind that if an individual who is in that group is given permissions as that individual, their individual role will override the group role.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jorma. Are you named after Jorma K., the musician?

I am putting my reply in CAPS.

2. Meetings created in Connect are persistent. This means they are available 24/7/365.

QUESTIONS:

A. sCENARIO: I SET UP A MEETING FOR NOVEMBER 23 WITH A UNIQUE URL TO START AT 08:00, DURATION  2 HRS. WE HOLD THE MEETING, FINISH, AND SAY GOODBYE.

I WANT THE ATTENDEES TO JOIN THE MEETING AGAIN EVERY WEEK (SAME DAY & TIME) GOING FORWARD FOR 4 WEEKS. DO THEY SIMPLY RETURN TO THAT ORIGINAL ADOBE INVITATION EMAIL AND CLICK ON THE URL AT 08:00 ON NOVEMBER 30? AND IT WILL TAKE THEM TO THE MEETING?

So you can use them whenever you need. The internal calendar tool of Connect is... simple. So it doesn't provide a method of 'scheduling' a recurring meeting, but the meeting room doesn't look to this calendar for creation/deletion/access to the room. So disregard it. Just use Outlook (or whatever calendar tool you use)

UNFORTUNATELY, NONE OF MY ATTENDEES OR HOSTS HAVE OUTLOOK. WE ALL USE WEB-BASED EMAIL LIKE YAHOO AND I DON'T THINK ANY OF THEM KNOW HOW TO USE THE CALENDARS.

to create a meeting request, put a recursion on it, and then place the URL for the meeting in the body, telling the attendees to go there.

3. Don't share logins. This is against the End User License Agreement (EULA) for Connect. The Meeting Hosts should have their own user specific logins. If everyone uses their own unique login, then you shouldn't see the User, User 2, User 3 naming convention.

I PURCHASED A 3-HOST LICENSE, SO WE ARE FULL-PAYING. WE SHARE ONE ADOBE EMAIL ADDRESS--IS THIS THE REASON WHY WE ARE APPEARING AS HOST 1, HOST, HOST 3?

OR MAYBE THIS IS THE REASON: I AM THE COORDINATOR, SO I SET UP THE MEETINGS. I ADD THEIR NAME (WITH THEIR PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS) FROM THE LEFT USERS & GROUPS WINDOW TO THE PARTICIPANTS' LIST ON THE RIGHT. THEN I GIVE PERMISSION FOR THOSE 2 TO BE A HOST.

MAYBE I AM DOING THIS WRONG, WHICH CREATES HOST 1, 2, 3?

I DESPERATELY NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT, WITH OUR REAL NAMES.

Only one individual with a meeting host license is needed to activate a room and allow full functionality, so additional users can use whatever credentials they have. Or they can join a room as a Guest and then be promoted up. If you need more than 3 host licenses, talk to your reseller.

AS STATED, WE HAVE 3 HOST LICENSES.

---------

4. I WATCHED THE TUTORIAL SEVERAL TIMES FOR SETTING UP USERS AND GROUPS, BUT STILL HAD TROUBLE SETTING UP GROUPS.

I PREFER TO CREATE USER MEETINGS, WHERE ONLY THE RECIPIENT OF THE EMAIL AND REGISTERED USERS GETS THE LINK.

ANOTHER QUESTION RELATED TO THIS IS:

Sometimes an attendee of another group needs to change his/her time and emails us on the side s/he wants to join in the middle of an ongoing meeting. How does the host do that during the meeting?

BTW, WHERE CAN I FIND A LIST OF AC MEETING CONSULTANTS? I'D BE GLAD TO PAY FOR INDIVIDUAL HELP BY CC?

Thanks,

lmi2dl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my namesake, not many people catch that.

Question 2: Yes, they can return to the original invitation. The URL to join the room will remain active and functioning, unless you delete the room from the server.

Yahoo, Google, whatever, they all have calendar functions and the ability to put a recurring appointment/meeting on them. But, if the users are not using that calendar it is a moot point. If the original invite is easiest to run with, then do that. Just tell people to keep it or book mark the URL for the meeting room.

Question 3: If you are working off one email, it may be better to create logins that are not the email address. This can be done by going to Administration > Users and Groups > Edit Login and Password Policies. There you will see and option to not use the email address as a login.

Login ID Option.JPG

Click Save at the bottom of the page and you can then create three accounts with different login id's and, I believe, the same email address.

Question 4: You don't need to use the system emails to notify the individuals attending. If the room is public the email invitation should launch in your own email client and if the room is private, then you should see the option to only send emails to the host(s) of the room. They can then send out invites to those who need to attend.

The host should be able to come and go from meeting rooms that they have been assigned host rights to as they please. Other active rooms they would be able to join as anyone else would, so long as the 100 person limit hasn't been reached. Host accounts are just like any other user account, other than they can unlock the functionality of a meeting room.

Where to find consultants, well I am one, and would happily set up something for us to have some focused time on getting things set up together. Other than that, you may just need to contact the other resellers and see who they use. I know of a few other individuals out there who do consulting and training on Connect, but the list is not a long one. Feel free to PM me or email me jorma[at]realeyesconnect.com if you would like to discuss this off-forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the "almost exceeded the 80% host limit" and we didn't even have any meetings! But before that, let me thank you for your replies and yes, there's been progress. I understand the perpetual URL.

As mentioned, I paid for 3 hosts from the get-go, and we used the same email address to login via AC central login up until receiving your reply a couple of weeks ago.

After reading your reply, I told the other 2 hosts to always log in from their AC email invitation (using their personal login), hoping that when the 2nd host comes in, she won't appear as Host 2. But that didn't solve the problem--still came to the meeting as Host 2.

Let me back up and explain why there are almost always 2 hosts for every meeting. Just in case the primary host cannot get set up in time (traffic jam), or the internet is down, or a blackout, the backup host logs in and can start the meeting. The backup host stays in the meeting the whole time just to help out, especially when the primary host is starting out on the job, or there is a large group of learners, or new learners who can't figure out how to adjust their mic, etc. Host 2 gives instructions via Private Chat so the Primary host can continue with the meeing. So that's why 2 hosts were purchased; I went ahead and bought a 3rd host seat just in case we have to run a second group of learners at the same time another group is learning--haven't had to, so far, though

So the first Exceeded host warning came in Oct., yet we were only 2 hosts in the meeting--that's only 67%. Why does the warning say "80?".

Then today, Jan. 1, I set up a new System Group for Meeting Hosts and I put in 4 hosts emails. It's not that we'll be running 4 meetings at one time--my new host #4 is just back up; for example, primary host and host 2 and host 3 will be at a conference one day this month. We don't know for sure who will be able to host during conference hours, if at all, but Host 4 will be able to host for sure. Yet when I set up the meetings, I want all 4 of us to get the AC invitation and be at the ready to go into the meeting in case 2 or even 3 of us cannot.

Just a few minutes ago, I got another

You may be at risk of running out of seats for Adobe Connect. In particular, your account (name = xxxx-109xxxxx) quota for Meeting Hosts for meeting {meeting-name} has exceeded the threshold of 80% usage on Wednesday 1 January 2014, 06:07 AM. This means you used at least 80% of your 3 available seats.  You may want to consider adding more seats to your account.

First of all, we didn't even have a meeting (haven't since the 18th!), so how could we "exceed a threshold" for a meeting? Or, is this because I put 4 hosts in the new System Group (Meeting Hosts 4) I created a few hours ago? Can the program "read" the number of hosts who are put in a System Group?

I am confused.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The warning is tied to the membership of your Meeting Host group, not active meetings. So, if you have 3 individuals in your Meeting Host group, and there are 3 spots available, then you are at 100% of your limit, and the warning will show. if you had 2 of 3 (66%) of the seats in your Meeting Host group occupied, then it wouldn't show the warning. You can adjust when this warning shows (10-100% of licenses used) or turn off the warning all together (recommended for your licensing) by going to Administration > Account > Notifications.

Just to be clear this warning has nothing to do with active meetings/hosts in meetings. It is solely a notification of group membership for the Meeting Host group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines