4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2007 6:28 AM by growth_Prod

PLEASE HELP

growth_Prod
      Please...
      Please Help! I am kind of new to Flash, but I do know how to do some things. I have a button that I am trying to (when clicked) link to a new scene. ie. the code would read "on (release) {gotoAndPlay....();}
      However, when I clink on the button (not the frame) all I get in the actions pane is "Actions," no "Actions-Button"

What's going on!?
        • 1. Re: PLEASE HELP
          dr_ross Level 1
          well you should'nt be seeing anything in the actions pane at runtime so i guess you mean the output panel, in which case there must be a trace call on the button release handler.

If you paste in the whole on(release) function we might be able to help you a little more
          • 2. Re: PLEASE HELP
            growth_Prod Level 1
            No.
            Ok, when I click on my button to add actions to it in the actions window, I do not see "Actions-Button." All I see is the "Actions" window that says "Current selection cannot have actions applied to it." And yes, I am clicking on the button itself and not the frame.
            • 3. Re: PLEASE HELP
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant
              You are probably using Flash CS3 and have AS3 selected as the scripting language. AS3 does not allow assigning actions directly to objects, only to frames.

If you want to use AS2, open the Publish Settings window and select the Flash tab. Change the Language option to AS2.
              • 4. Re: PLEASE HELP
                growth_Prod Level 1
                Thank You very much! You were right. Well...I think I found my first thing I don't like about CS3. But, it worked. Thank YOU again!