3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 8:34 AM by Josh_Corey

How do I make individual dynamic links for my users?

CAP partner

So they can fill in something one day, and a month later change their "registration" again? Is that possible? Do I need some extra features?

• 1. Re: How do I make individual dynamic links for my users?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Let me make sure I understand the request...

Are you asking for the users information to be retained for them when they go back to fill it out again, or just that the URL you sent to them does not change when you update the form and want them to go to it and fill it out again at a later date?

You can send out a URL to a form and change the questions and information in the form at any time (this will affect the response table where past responses are stored so you want to understand what you are doing there) and when users go to that same URL they will see the latest changes.  The information that they had entered previously would not be retained, they would need to fill out the form again from scratch.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: How do I make individual dynamic links for my users?
            CAP partner Level 1

Dear Josh,

Thank you for the above:) However my request is about having different URLs (individual to every user), so that the user information is shown when the induvidual user clik on his link today and months from now. So if I have 40 respondents, I will like 40 different URLs - is that possible?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards

Katja

• 3. Re: How do I make individual dynamic links for my users?
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

OK, I understand the request now.  We just added a feature yesterday that could partially satisfy your request, with some limitations...

There is a new "Save Web Form" feature that allows users to partially fill out a form and then save it for later, that creates a special URL that contains the data they had filled in.  You could create a custom saved URL for each user.

The caveats here are that if anyone else clicks the URL they could of course fill it out, nothing would restrict who finished that form.  Once someone did fill it out and submit or saved it again the original URL would be invalid.  The second caveat is that they URLs time out, you as the author set that time out but the maximum at this time is 28 days.

This "Save Web Form" feature has to be enabled by the author, it is a new sub-tab on the Options tab.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful