4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 8:52 PM by dsdennis

Help please. CS6 exchange panel will not load.

RosaPerry Level 1

Hi,

I have Photoshop CS6 extended and for some reason my adobe exchange panel will not load. This only happened earlier today.  I have been designing all week and never had a problem before this. I cannot load any of the panels in Photoshop.  I have done everything possible and trust me I worked on a solution for over 5.5 hours searching reading, uninstalling re installing etc and no solution. I just keep getting this error message "Cannot complete command because the extension could not be loaded".

The version of Extension Manager is 6.0.7.6. I came back to edit this as I should have mentioned that I did disable my anti virus.

I would really appreciate any advice please.

Thank you in advance

Rosa

I have since discovered that the problem was the software onOne Perfect Photo Suite 8  which I had installed earlier today - so have contacted onOne for support. I ended up un-installing the program and Photoshop has returned back to normal.

• 1. Re: Help please. CS6 exchange panel will not load.
          alegre282

did they  tell you there is going to be an update I have the same problem....

• 2. Re: Help please. CS6 exchange panel will not load.
            RosaPerry Level 1

Hi alegre282,

I'm still waiting for a response from onOne, they are usually very quick to response and once they do, I will post, hopefully the solution here

alegre282 wrote:

did they  tell you there is going to be an update I have the same problem....

• 3. Re: Help please. CS6 exchange panel will not load.
              RosaPerry Level 1

Obviously my problem was with the onOne new Suite 8 plugin. I had Suite 7.5 as well as PhotoFrame 4.6 Professional Edition and Photo Tools installed, so after trying a few different things my last option which worked was as onOne suggested and that was removing the onOne panel completely from CS6 and re installing Suite 8 ticking the 3rd option in the installation process - leaving PhotoFrame and Photo Tools installed.  I do have many panels in CS6 and to my delight after the installation of Suite 8, all the panels in my CS6 were operational and ready to go!

Obviously there was a clash with the Suite 7.5 and 8. Removing Suite 7 worked for me. Initially onOne advised not to uninstall the previous version and just tick the first option to keep both versions. Obviously there was a clash between the version panels.

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Help please. CS6 exchange panel will not load.
                dsdennis

On1 is the problem... I contacted ON1 asking if this was a noted problem and they said yes... They asked me to uninstall ON1 suites  ( I had suites 8, 9 and now 10) and to reinstall... They gave me the links to do the reinstall Suite 9.5 and 10  with the needed Lic #s.  And not CS6 works with all panels and plug-ins.