5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 10:59 AM by jragusa1

I just purchased APE12

jragusa1

Hi.

I just purchased APE12 its wants Photoshop Element and I have Photoshop. Can I use this?

jragusa1@yahoo.com

• 1. Re: I just purchased APE12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes. However you will not be able to port Photoshop files directly to Premiere Elements through the Organizer, as you could with Photoshop Elements.

• 2. Re: I just purchased APE12
            jragusa1 Level 1

I have another question if you don't mind.  The purpose of purchasing the Adobe products (A. Premiere Elements12 and A. Photoshop Elements12) is to take Snaps of people/places from ALL my home DVD's to burn a new photo album from the snap shots.

Is this possible?  I need to do this somehow.

Thank You very much

Janet

jragusa1@yahoo.com

• 3. Re: I just purchased APE12
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The answer is the same as in your other post of this same question, jr.

• 4. Re: I just purchased APE12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jragusa1

Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 are standalone programs. And, each comes with the Elements Organizer 12. When they are on the same computer, they share the same Elements Organizer 12 catalog. So, as I see it, the only thing that you would be missing in this Premiere Elements 12 with Elements Organizer 12 - Photoshop arrangement is the photo editing features of Photoshop Elements 12. Your photo editing would be done beforehand in Photoshop. Just keep away from the Photoshop CMYK color profile.

You can still import your Photoshop edited photos into the Elements Organizer 12 and get them into Premiere Elements 12 workspace. Or you can get them into Premiere Elements 12 from their hard drive save location, using Premiere Elements 12 Add Media/Files and Folders.

I would have to think it through, but I am wondering if you could set up Photoshop in the Elements Organizer 12 as a supplemental editor.

Lots to think about.

ATR

• 5. Re: I just purchased APE12
                  jragusa1 Level 1

Thank You 

"Those who matter don't mind"

"Those who mind don't matter"

Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.