1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2007 4:38 AM by peterent

Prevent "<mx:value>" and "<mx:source>"

MegaJar
      Hi all. I'm starting to get the hang of Flex Builder, but I'm having an annoying problem. When I create an image in Design mode, the MXML code generated in Source mode isn't always consistent. If the image's source path is short, then it gets created as an attribute of the <mx:Image> tag. However, if the source path is longer, then it gets created as a separate <mx:source> tag nested inside the containing <mx:Image> tag. Similarly, when I use view states to dynamically change the source path of an image, if the new path is too long, then it gets put into a separate <mx:value> tag.

Now, I'm a stickler for consistency, so every time it does this, I have to manually go and convert the <mx:source> and <mx:value> tags to their corresponding attributes. This can get quite annoying. What I want is to somehow configure Flex Builder so that these things are always created the SAME WAY, regardless of their length. Is there a way to do this?

P.S. Ideally, the longer attributes within a tag should be separated across multiple lines (i.e. "XML formatting"). Can this be done also? If not, I can just do it manually.