3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 5:51 AM by Steve Grisetti

Facebook Error uploading video from Premiere 12

Photoscot

I have tried to share video direct to Facebook using the presets but every time on completion i get "unknown error". I converted to clip to mp4 and uploaded from within Facebook but the quality is poor. I've tried converting it to a file for viewing on computer and tried uploading that without success. I see this has been raised for other versions, so why does it not work?

• 1. Re: Facebook Error uploading video from Premiere 12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Without knowing more about whether or not you successfully authorized your computer to upload from Premiere Elements to Facebook, it's hard to say.

But, meantime, you'll get excellent results if you use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTube HD to output your video and then manually load that to Facebook.

BTW, how long is your movie? What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

• 2. Re: Facebook Error uploading video from Premiere 12
            Photoscot Level 1

I have authorised Facebook correctly, I don't think it would start the upload process without the correct authorisation, but it completes the upload then shows "unknown error" every time.

The full HD video is uploaded from a Canon 5D mk iii, the resolution is 1920x1080.

I have converted the video to view on computer and then uploaded the file successfully from within Facebook. This is fine but if Premiere has an interface it should work.

I have not tried the YouTube route.

• 3. Re: Facebook Error uploading video from Premiere 12
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried using the Upload to Facebook tool with a shorter video -- say 30 or 40 seconds -- just to give it a test drive?

It could be an issue with your internet connection or your computer's configuration that is being complicated by the heavy-duty rendering needed to work with that type of video. (Particularly if this video is in the MOV format, which you haven't advised of yet.)