• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mail merge data/list from excel to existing pdf document that has text fields for address created

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mail merge data/list from excel to existing pdf document that has text field created for addresses for direct mail purposes

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible either with the Mail Merge button in the Acrobat PDF ribbon in some versions of Office and Acrobat, or you'll need to use a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx, but i can't find mail merge button in acrobat X pro anywhere..hmm. office products irrelevant because i am stuck with a complex pdf document that doesn't convert to word doc correctly so no option to mail merge to pdf from within word. must mail merge excel data list of addresses to the text fields i've setup in the pdf document. why so hard to have mail merge a standard option from within acrobat? this is insane why this full pro version of acrobat doesn't seem to have mail merge function. thx for any help, including if you have access to a mail merge script as you mentioned and then i'd need help using script..never used acrobat scripts. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a PM about the script option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will your script work with my acrobat 7 standard version? my access to acrobat X pro is through citrix portal/company software which means i don't have access to C drive/programs,etc to copy/paste the script file to acrobat install folder. i do own acrobat 7 standard and it's installed locally on my machine, however, i don't see option to create text fields with acrobat 7 standard either..so i think i'm stuck with somehow making this work with my X pro work version..hmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilad D

Would you be able to send me this script as well. I work for a Property Management with over 400 Tenants. We would like to utilize the Mail Merge with a pdf file for CRPs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PM sent as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you please forward the script to me also ?  Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please PM to me as well, many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your inbox...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what is meant by script? I do need to merge excel information into pre populated PDF forms. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please send me the scrip and information to use it as well. I have about 1200 employee records to merge into a secured PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you inbox (Your Stuff - Private Messages) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the script as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get the script as well please I need to process certificates from a pdf file and I have adobe acrobat pro. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not mail merge secure files. This just puts information into a PDF form from excel. That is not going to work. I need to be able to put information from an excel into pre populated PDF files that are secure files that cannot be converted to word to do an mail merge through word. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to mail merge from an excel to pre populated PDF files. I cannot convert to word to do a mail merge, the format gets messed up. It would be a standard mail merge like we do with Word documents. It cannot be a form created to merge information. These are individual PDFs that need data from an excel added into them. Is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gilad D.

I would appreciate a copy of the script as well.

Thank you!

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I was asked to do it by multiple people already I will post the link here. I hope the forum moderators will not consider this against the rules... The script in question can be purchased from here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/09/acrobat-mail-merge-and-email.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2014 May 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a novice at using adobe acrobat but I am interested in using a mail/data merge function with a pre-existing form, I checked out the link, thanks, but I would be interested in also understanding the "script" you reference. Are you still in a position to forward the script if so thanks I would appreciate it.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gilad!

Thank you for your information. However I have two questions.

Does it work with OSX + Acrobat XI?

Where do I have to run the script? In Excell, system terminal, Acrobat? Sorry to ask such a questions but I am newbie in Acrobat and I am just looking for a way to create mail merges in complex designs.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked by myself. Yes it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work because it only merges information from an excel to a PDF form that then creates this same form with the different excel information. I need it to work like an word mail merge where the excel infomation populates on multiple pre populated PDFs. These PDFs are not forms with the same information on them to then just have excel information added. These are documents specific to 1 person each. They need information from the excel added to the individual PDF forms. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines