2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 9:39 AM by cmansour

How to limit choices among a group of responders?

cmansour

I am setting up a sign up form for a variety of choices.  There are only a certain number of each choice needed. How can I make a form either hide or limit a choice once the necessary qty has been reached by other responders?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How to limit choices among a group of responders?
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

This isn't something that FormsCentral supports, you'd have to manually analyze the responses and once the max has been reached edit the form to remove that choice - you'd want to take care not to simply delete it since the corresponding column in the Response table would also be deleted. 

In this type of case, if the item to be removed is an entire field as opposed to a choice in a single/multiple/drop-down choice field I'd recommend inserting an adjacent column in the response table and copying that columns data into the new row before deleting the question.  If the option was simply a choice in a single/multiple choice or drow down field it can be deleted or updated and new responses will simply reflect the new choices, no need to duplicate a column to modify a choice field.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: How to limit choices among a group of responders?
            cmansour Level 1

Thanks Josh.  I will look for another way to accomplish this.