1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2013 12:31 PM by nurbslife69

Can I bypass "embedded icc profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid" message?

nurbslife69 Level 1

Hi All,

I am running a batch process of hundreds of images nightly and at least a few times a week the batch gets stuck in the middle of the night because some of the images  that come throguh will stop the process due to a popup message that says "embedded icc profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid ignoring this profile" as long as I am monitoring it I can click "ignore" and goes on it's way but there is no checkbox like other error messages that tells it to always ignore it going forward like other error messages.

Bottom line I come back in the mornings only to find the whole batch process has been stuck on this popup the whole night. It is usually only a hanful of 3rd party images that have cause this and not sure how to either a)get photoshop to bypass the error message and move on or b)fix the problem ahead of time when I process such a large volume of images daily and is really only a handful of images that might do this over the week.

I have readup on the issue and seems to be related to Windows Vista or XP whenever meta data is edited. I have been looking for a way to either ignore, bypass or disable the popup message in photoshop since trying to filter through the images does not seem to be the way to go at it, especially since you don't know the image is bad until you actually try and open it in photoshop. Any help would be much appreciated!

"embedded icc profile cannot be used because the ICC profile is invalid ignoring this profile" - photoshop error pop-up message.

Regards,

Mark