23 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 11:57 AM by ZeldAlice

A serious error upon Edit

stanfr007

Now im getting the dreaded "A serious error has occurred..." crash every time I hit the Edit tab in Premiere Elements 10.  The 'Loading' symbol spins as 2 pop-ups in rapid sucession give me the bad news. At first i thought it was related to project size, since it didnt seem to happen with small projects with just a couple clips, but now it seems to happen regardless of project size or settings. This wasn't happening until recently. Maybe unrelated, but I recenty copied over some of my project folders for backup, and moved others to freeup disk space. Now, whenever I open a project, I'm prompted with a pop-up asking me to locate missing movie clips and Rendered clips (Rendered - xxxxxxxlongstringofnumbers/letters.mpg) some of which i can locate, some i can't and have to re-render the clips. It's a real pain! But the crashes are deadly.

Im using and HP desktop with 120+ Gb free space, defragmented, running Windows Vista SP2 64 bit, with Intel Quad 2.4 GHz and 8GB RAM.  ATI Radeon HD3650 Graphics.

Pease Help!

• 1. Re: A serious error upon Edit
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stanfr007

Do you open new projects as well as pre existing ones to get the "A Serious Error..." message?

You cannot move and/or delete source media that were imported into a project after you save close that project. Otherwise, at best, you will be greeted by the "Where is the file....?" messages where you will be forced to reconnect the source media before moving forward. And, there may be instances where moving and deleting the source media for a project will result in you not being able to open a pre-existing project that has been saved closed. A life saver to avoid the missing media (Media Offline) syndrome is the Project Archiver (Archiver or Copy option). Please check it out this version 11 article that applies to 10 as well.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS09e4b3c48f3a79fc19b622510385d4355c-7d cb.html

As for the usual drill

a. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements 10?

b. Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

c. Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

d. Is your computer optimized..deframented...cleared of pile ups of preview files and conformed audio and video files?

You could also consider deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file located in the Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit path of

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Remember, your Premiere Elements 10 is not a 64 bit application when it is run on Windows Vista 64 bit. It is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system and as such as the 32 bit system limitation of maximum supported installed RAM 4 GB of which typically 3 GB of that are available. So, how large these projects are may be factoring into your issues. You need Premiere Elements 10 specifically in Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit for it to be a 64 bit application that can take advantage of the 64 bit resources.

Please review and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: A serious error upon Edit
            stanfr007 Level 1

Thanks, A.T.--ill run through the checkist and report back.

• 3. Re: A serious error upon Edit
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stanfr007

Thanks for checking out the troubleshooting comments.

We will be watching for your results. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                stanfr007 Level 1

I ran cleanup and defrag, installed the latest graphics driver, latest quicktime, rebooted--no luck! The only file in the Pre 10 folder is a small 'Trace Database' file.  It chokes on even the small projects. Isn't there some log file or some way to get details on the error?? It is choking when i click on 'edt', it is hunting for something that is causing it to choke. I had the identical problem a year ago, but i found a workaround by 'saving as' the project it choked on. That workaround doesn't work this time. I will try rebuilding the small project as a new one to see if it still fails, but i can't do that for the larger projects! Would uninstalling/installing the software help?

• 5. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

stanfr007

I think you might have gone into the wrong folder on your way to the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. Please note that, after the Adobe Folder in the path given, there is the Premiere Elements Folder. You do not want the Premiere Elements 10.0 Folder. Just the Premiere Elements Folder. And in the Premiere Elements Folder is the 10.0 Folder which contains the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. Please give that another look. After you find the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and it should not work, then consider deleting the whole Premiere Elements Folder in which it exists.

If that still does not work, then I would go for

a. Help Menu/Deactivate within a new project (if you can open a new project)...close out of there.

b. Uninstall via the usual Control Panel route.

c. ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts) https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

d. reinstall

You might also want to consider Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Log/Applications to see if you can spot any Errors that might apply to your situation.

Please update us on your results when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                    stanfr007 Level 1

Thanks, ill try that (after i go have a beer--i need one!) I just tried the following: I created a new folder as a test, opened a New Project, copied over the media from a small project (3 clips, 2 .mpgs and 1 .mov, and an mp3) I reloaded the media on my timeline, and now when i hit edit--it Works! all the transition and effects load. The project settings, everything is identical--it's just a new project. Unfortunately, that isn't a viable alternative since i can't recreate my large projects!

• 7. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

stanfr007

Thanks for the update. The new project results will be helpful in planning the troubleshooting.

In reflection, are there top candidates within the problem project for most likely to be causing problems or do you think that the size of the project itself is at the core of the issue?

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks for follow up on the troubleshooting.

ATR

• 8. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                        stanfr007 Level 1

ATR--It worked!!! I deleted the prefs file, and it now loads upon edit! Then again, maybe it was the three beers i just drank...

Anyhow, i would like to know, if anyone has a clue--why this worked so that maybe i can avoid future headaches.

The weird thing is that after i deleted the prefs file, I opened an old large project, and it immediately opened cleanly and i was able to load the edit icons as well. Then i tried it on another slightly more recent project, and this time it pompted me with the 'lost preview files popup'-- I was able to find and select the 'missing' clips and files. but then when the project loaded, some of the clips (some that were supposedly missing, some not) were red, so i had to re-render. Upon rendering, the edit tab worked fine!

Im not sure why one has to be a brain surgeon to figure out a $90 piece of software, but apparently that is the case...

Any additional insigthts welcome! Thank you VERY much for your assistance, AT! -Stan

Oh--and as an aside rant, im not sure archive would help with this weird missing file issue. I havent the slightest why they just can't make the program go using the relative file paths--it seems a no brainer that i should be able to simply rename a project folder without everything getting hosed--but my sort of logic never seems to match the programmers...sigh.

• 9. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Stan

Great great great news. Congratulations on your success. Great job.

With all those greats, can you tell how pleased I am with your results.

How these files get corrupted (that is the catch all word for this type of situation)  I am not sure. Our gratitude to the designer of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file.

Glad for the opportunity to help. Continuing success.

ATR

• 10. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                            ZeldAlice

I got the same kind of problem with my Adobe Premiere 0.9, it is triggering the same "Serious Error" and then it crashes down. The only differens is that I cannot work futher on the project itself. Meaning, I cannot clip, edit etc on the storyboard or do any kind of such plus that this specific project is the only project crashing, every other project works and I can even create and work with a new project. But this troubling, crashing project with the "Serious Error" has never been crashing like this before, no trouble with it or the program overall up until (or more exactly, for about a week ago). Tonight I made another try with the broken project after a few  adjustments and then a few days rest of it, but it still crashes... Please, can somebody help?...

• 11. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

ZeldAlice,

Can you please provide more info?

1. What OS version are you running PrE 9 on?
                              2. What are the Project Settings, that you are using?
                              3. What are the specs. of the Video files being edited?

Thanks,

Hunt

• 12. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice

Let us see if we can get at the core of the issue. Let us start with the basics and work through them.

1. Are you working from the 9.0.1 Update of Premiere Elements 9 Windows?

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4929

2. What are the properties of what you are putting on the Timeline or Sceneline of this project?

Videos...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, pixel aspect ratio, duration?

Photos...how many and what are the pixel dimensions?

How much content is on the Timeline or in the Filmstrip when this "Serious Error" hits?

3. In view of your source media, what did you set as the project preset to match the properties of these source media?

4. Check out Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0 for pile ups of preview files in Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder and conformed audio in the Media Cache Folder. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and hit the Clean button in the Media Cache Database area.

5. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and determine if you have all those categories directed to the same save location and how much free space is at that location?

6. What are your computer resources...installed and available RAM and free hard drive space? Is all you free hard drive space from the Local Disk C?

7. Did you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Preps file? Same path as in post 1 of this thread, except you will head for 9.0 Folder.

Please review the above and let us know the results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 13. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, is this the same problem, outlined in your thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1347446?tstart=0?

If so, then there will be confusion, when answering the same question in several threads.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice

I did not realize that you have been involved with some heavy troubleshooting here already. I have not read through all of it yet.

If you wish to continue trying to troubleshoot with me that issues that you presented in post 10 of this thread, let us agree on one thread for the follow up. Otherwise, this may be too confusing to continue to a productive exchange of information to a successful conclusion.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                      ZeldAlice Level 1

To all of you replying me and offering me help, thank you so much!

If you want futher information and more details etc, follow the link to my thread about my problem, which Bill Hunt posted here. I also understand that it is no good idea to disguss my problem on another's thread like this, but I wanted to reach out to someone with a nearly similar problem plus that more people seemed to be in this thread. I need all help and advice I can get with this.

And Romano, I have no idea If my Premiere Elements program updated or not. But when I click on it, it merely says in the the version 9.0. Shall it say 9.0.1 If updated? And about your other questions, those detailed info is in my thread, which Bill Hunt posted here as well. Follow it and read all my posts there for all details and more info.

And about the Preps file, I have not deleted it because I was afraid to do so and that I could never recover it. However, now when I output and created the video of the actual project, even tough less than half of the project is finnished, I may consider it very much now because I want to solve and fix this. May I also ask for the ways and instructions about the deleting of the actual Prep file? -You may answer in my own thread instead of here on someone else's thread.

• 16. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice

In the opened project, go to Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements and click on that.

The splash screen that opens should start with

pre

Adobe Premiere Elements 9

Version 9.0.1

if you are working from the 9.0.1 Update version of the program (a requirement for good results). If not installed, you can use Help Menu/Update to do the job or download and install the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update from Adobe via

Deleting and having the Prefs file replaced is important to the troubleshooting, but equally important is making sure that your workflow is not being killed by pile ups of preview, conformed audio, and conformed video files.

Details...

For the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion, Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, see

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

As for the pile ups of the files mentioned, see

Document/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9 for the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder (preview files) and Media Cache Folder (conformed audio).

Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database Clean button for the conformed video.

Under no conditions move or delete any source media that you imported into your project. The above addresses files that are automatically generated by the program during certain program functions and not the files that you import into the project to be part of the actual Timeline content.

ATR

• 17. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                          ZeldAlice Level 1

A.T. Romano wrote:

ZeldAlice

In the opened project, go to Help Menu/About Adobe Premiere Elements and click on that.

The splash screen that opens should start with

pre

Adobe Premiere Elements 9

Version 9.0.1

if you are working from the 9.0.1 Update version of the program (a requirement for good results). If not installed, you can use Help Menu/Update to do the job or download and install the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update from Adobe via

Deleting and having the Prefs file replaced is important to the troubleshooting, but equally important is making sure that your workflow is not being killed by pile ups of preview, conformed audio, and conformed video files.

Details...

For the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file deletion, Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, see

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 9.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete.

Document/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9 for the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder (preview files) and Media Cache Folder (conformed audio).

Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database Clean button for the conformed video.

Under no conditions move or delete any source media that you imported into your project. The above addresses files that are automatically generated by the program during certain program functions and not the files that you import into the project to be part of the actual Timeline content.

ATR

I checked which version on my Adobe Premiere Elements 9 I had, in the way you described me to do. It appears I had the latest version the 9.0.1 Update version indeed. So at least I have the latest version of my Adobe Premiere Elements. However, when I for some days ago went back to the same damage project, checked and tried editing and all as I usually, in hope to finally be able to process after restarting the computer and all... I was just to edit the efects of one little clip and then the "Serious Error" window appeared again. So indeed, it seems that I need to take the step to delete the actual project.prel file.

Also, when checking the pile up stuff of both confermed audio and confermed video (If I now did to get into right documents etc), I saw no such files or anything. So hopefully this means that I at least do not have any pile ups?

I have also found the Prefs files of my damaged project but did not do any action or anything because I am still a bit unsure. But I am indeed to delete the Prefs files and even the project file itself? But how am I then to recover the project itself? Or am I to simply start a new one?

• 18. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice,

If you delete the project file (the project.prel) the project is gone and you start over.

If you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, you are just deleting possibly corrupted settings file. You project should remain and function if the settings file had become corrupted. When you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, close out of there, and then re-open the Premiere Elements workspace, a new Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file will be generated by the program. So, do not think that you did something wrong, if you delete the Prefs file and then go back to find it still there under the circumstances.

Deleting Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs often works to solve these problems. A step further on that theme is to delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Please refer to the path:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

9.0 Folder

The only caution with deleting the 9.0 Folder and/or the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file relates to backing up any user custom presets that you made.

Please review the above and then we can decide what next based on what you are comfortable with and what seems to be indicated to try to move forward.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

ZeldAlice,

Also, when checking the pile up stuff of both confermed audio and confermed video (If I now did to get into right documents etc), I saw no such files or anything.

The Conformed Audio files, .CFA, and the Waveform Display files, .PEK, will be in your Media Cache, wherever you have located those, with Edit>Preferences>Scratch Disks. The default is "Same as Project," but one can locate those elsewhere.

For all Conformed Audio, there should be both a CFA and PEK file, with the file name the same as for your Clip.

This article goes into more detail on Conforming Audio: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

I hope that explains the Conforming of the Audio, and also the files generated by that process. If one Deletes the Media Cache files, when the Project is Opened, the Conforming process will start over, and one needs to allow that process to complete 100%, before editing.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 20. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice

You wrote in your latest reply

Also, when checking the pile up stuff of both confermed audio and confermed video (If I now did to get into right documents etc), I saw no such files or anything. So hopefully this means that I at least do not have any pile ups?

If you looked at the specific hard drive locations that I cited back in post 16 (quoted below), the pile ups of the preview, conformed audio, and conformed video should be out of the troubleshooting equation.

Please update us on further developments when you get a chance concerning our current discussions about deleting Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and deleting the project file (project.prel).

Thanks.

ATR

• 21. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                                  ZeldAlice Level 1

A.T. Romano wrote:

ZeldAlice,

If you delete the project file (the project.prel) the project is gone and you start over.

If you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, you are just deleting possibly corrupted settings file. You project should remain and function if the settings file had become corrupted. When you delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, close out of there, and then re-open the Premiere Elements workspace, a new Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file will be generated by the program. So, do not think that you did something wrong, if you delete the Prefs file and then go back to find it still there under the circumstances.

Deleting Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs often works to solve these problems. A step further on that theme is to delete the whole 9.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Please refer to the path:

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

9.0 Folder

The only caution with deleting the 9.0 Folder and/or the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file relates to backing up any user custom presets that you made.

Please review the above and then we can decide what next based on what you are comfortable with and what seems to be indicated to try to move forward.

Thanks.

ATR

Thank you! I found the Prefs file in that 9.0 Folder plus, I also found some prefs files in the folder of the troubling project also. Should I start with deleting only the prefs files in the project folder? I know the importance in deleting the main Prefs file in the 9.0 Folder, but I am at the same time afraid to do that. What If my other earlier projects don't work anymore If I delete the Prefs file? Or is it safe? I ask you this because I want to be very sure about this!

And Bill Hunt, I'm still kind of confused about it all. Do you mean that there should be a Conformed audio and the Cache files etc for every media I imported in my Adobe Premiere Elements or is it only what files used in the project? I checked all possible folders of my damaged project I could find, but I find no such files. Perhaps it means that I do not have any pile-ups after all? I'm so sorry I am just trying to understand all this.

Other, I think I spot some similar named files, but those files I am unable to open and look into.

A.T. Romano,

I looked through the locations you gave me and I found nothing. However, I did find some similar named files but those files I'm unable to open and look into, it seems.

Other, I'm asking all this because I'm trying to understand this all plus that I need to be sure what I am doing. But in my projects case, it seems that pile-ups isn't the problem, nor the computers and harddrives speed etc. Perhaps it could be about the pref files. My update to you on that is in my reply above to your other message.

• 22. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

ZeldAlice

Sorry I could not get back to you sooner today. It appears that the Adobe web people were doing site maintenance which prevented me replying until now.

Just delete the file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs that you find in the location cited.

You will get conformed audio files only for audio files (audio or audio that comes with video) that you have imported into the Premiere Elements project.

You will get preview files only for the files that are automatically generated when you render those files on the project's Timeline to get the best possible preview when you play back the Timeline content in the monitor in the Edit area.

You will get conformed video only for the video or video that comes with audio file that you import into the Premiere Elements project.

The piles up of files would be relevant to the following specific locations

Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0 and in that 9.0 Folder...

Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder

Media Cache Folder (for conformed audio, cfa and pek file extensions)

Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common...

in the Common Folder you should find the Media Cache Folder.

This particular Media Cache Folder contains the conformed video files (.mcdb file extensions).

Have you found all that and do not have pile ups of these types of files that would be stressing out your program?

Please confirm that you have been there and done that with regard to the specific files cited above. Once we rule that out, then we can look deeper into the project and how it relates to your computer environment. Since the matter has covered the span of time that it has, once I get your confirmation on these files mentioned, I will re-read all of your posts to put them into current perspective.

Thanks.

ATR

• 23. Re: A serious error upon Edit
                                                      ZeldAlice Level 1

A.T. Romano wrote:

ZeldAlice

Sorry I could not get back to you sooner today. It appears that the Adobe web people were doing site maintenance which prevented me replying until now.

Just delete the file named Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs that you find in the location cited.

You will get conformed audio files only for audio files (audio or audio that comes with video) that you have imported into the Premiere Elements project.

You will get preview files only for the files that are automatically generated when you render those files on the project's Timeline to get the best possible preview when you play back the Timeline content in the monitor in the Edit area.

You will get conformed video only for the video or video that comes with audio file that you import into the Premiere Elements project.

The piles up of files would be relevant to the following specific locations

Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/9.0 and in that 9.0 Folder...

Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Files Folder

Media Cache Folder (for conformed audio, cfa and pek file extensions)

Users/Owner/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Common...

in the Common Folder you should find the Media Cache Folder.

This particular Media Cache Folder contains the conformed video files (.mcdb file extensions).

Have you found all that and do not have pile ups of these types of files that would be stressing out your program?

Please confirm that you have been there and done that with regard to the specific files cited above. Once we rule that out, then we can look deeper into the project and how it relates to your computer environment. Since the matter has covered the span of time that it has, once I get your confirmation on these files mentioned, I will re-read all of your posts to put them into current perspective.

Thanks.

ATR

A.T. Romano, I must also apologize for being rather late with my reply and all to you. I wanted to check everything and reply you before Christmas eve, but in Sweden we celebrate Christmas Eve already at 24:th December, and since then, things have been going up and down for me so I haven't been able to check and reply until now (somehow managed to do it all today at New Years Eve, lol)!

Anyway, I must thank you for these very useful and specifik information on where to check everything. I found it all and surprisingly, I think I did find some pile ups. First I must also mention that I got my Adobe Premiere Elements program installed on a extra modem. You know, every computer has this main modem and some even have an extra modem. I have this extra modem for big programs like this Adobe Premiere Elements, and so I had to take a few different routes from what you described, but by following your descriiption and all, I finally found it all. First off, I found this 'Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files' folder, entered there and found all projects I have saved, including my troubleshooting test project and my damaged project. Only my damaged project seems to have some (of what I believe to be) audio pile-ups in both the formats/file extensions you described. One cfa, and one pek!

Also, when going by the exact route you described me to do I found another 'Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files', and that one is completely empty, no projects nor any pile-ups or anything....

But when checking the conformed video stuff, also by following your exact description of directions etc, I found the 'Common' folder in the Adobe Folder. Inside that 'Common' Folder I found (which I once again believe to be) pile-ups, but in two folders. One folder named 'Media Cache Files', in that folder containing full off titles of, which I believe to be Conformed Video files/stuff, both some of my own stuff but also stuff which I believe is in the Adobe Premiere Elements program itself, tough all the files in that folder are either pek or cfa formats.

The other folder is called only 'Media Cache', and inside that folder there are stuff which I believe may be the real pile-up conformed videos, they are titled with all kinds of numbers and letters, so I dunnow what stuff it is, but they are all mcdb formats/files. The same file/format you described them to be.

My question is this, should I just simply delete all pile-ups both in both Conformed Video and audio stuff in all their folders? Should I even delete the stuff which belongs in the Adobe program itself, those pek and cfa files in the 'Media Cache Files' folder, I wrote about above? Or should I only delete the mcdb files?

And those audio pile-ups in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files folder in my damaged project folder, should I also delete those audio pile-ups, both the pek and cfa files?

This was all about the pile-ups. Now I still wonder about the Prefs file, and I checked it all again just in case, following closely all your descriptions etc and found it where you said it to be... That Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file seems to be in a format I cannot locate, nor reveal. Is it supposed to be in that insvisible-like format? If so, and If that file really is that Prefs file I am to delete... Are you 100% sure that I can delete that Prefs file without risking lossing all my data and all on my other Adobe Premiere Projects? I'm asking again because I am so afraid to lose my other projects, even tough they are finnished projects and turned to actual video files, they are projects (including my test project) which are working and not damaged, that's why I'm asking this again...

That's all, but I also got a very few more questions in general about this all, could my games I have installed on my computer, alongside with some game skins etc be stressing out the program and my damaged project? Or perhaps all that do not matter much in the end, especially If the computer/PC I'm using has the storage and speed needed for programs like Adobe Premiere Elements?

Also, If you wish to know some specific detals and info about both my damaged projact and my computer/PC speed etc, then visit my official troubleshooting thread on this forum, which was where I first troubleshooted about this. The thread is in the link Bill Hunt posted above in December 6:th.