3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 5:38 PM by Josh_Corey

form for my visitors to fill them out and submit them via email

avgraphix Level 1

Hello, I need to have several forms in my website and allow my visitors to fill them out and submit them via email, can I use FormCentral?

This is my website:

http://aiiav.org/cemetary/forms/

Thank you

Juan Pulido

• 1. Re: form for my visitors to fill them out and submit them via email
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

You could certainly use FormsCentral. 

FormsCentral allows you to easily create forms that you can distribute either using a web form with a "Submit" button that sends the data back to FormsCentral and is available in your account for you to view and analyze, or you can also distribute the form as a PDF.  The PDF can have a FormsCentral "Submit" button that (same as with the web form) sends the data back to FormsCentral, or can be saved without a Submit button allowing you to add your own Submit button using Acrobat which could be an "Email" submit button (which would email you the form data or the entire PDF).

If you chose "web forms" you could embed the form into your website for users to fill out right there and submit without having to send via email.  You could have links to each embedded form on your site.

Here is an overview of FormsCentral, I'd be happy to answer any follow up questions: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1413

One note if you were to use PDF - your current PDF forms are set to open in the web browser.  If you used FormsCentral PDF forms you would want to have a link that downloads the PDF to the users computer so they can fill out in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, filling out in the web browser, or with any other PDF viewer does not work correctly and is not supported.  You would want to call that out on the download page to ensure users fill out in Adobe Reader.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: form for my visitors to fill them out and submit them via email
            avgraphix Level 1

Hi Josh, I already signed up for FormsCentral and imported my first form, but I didn't find where edit my form to change fields' names and add a signature panel, where do I do that?

• 3. Re: form for my visitors to fill them out and submit them via email
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

The "Import PDF" feature allows you upload an existing PDF form to FormsCentral and then save a new version of that PDF that has a FormsCentral "Submit" button which submits the form data to FormsCentral where it is available for you to view and analyze on the "View Responses" tab, and you can take advantage of other features such as Email Reciepts and Notifications. 

This feature does not however allow you to edit that PDF form and it does not create a web version of the form.  Also Signatures are not a workflow that FormsCentral supports, if a PDF has a Signature field that will be ignored by FormsCentral.

This tutorial on Import PDF should help clarify the feature: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2654

I hope this helps answer the question and I am happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful