This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
If your running the standalone version of FB, look in the install directory and find FlexBuilder.ini. Edit this file in a text editor and add one line to the top of the file:
Save the file, and start FB. This should fix your problems. Exit FB. Edit the .ini file again and remove the -clean option. Save the file. You should be OK now.
If you're running the plug-in version of FB, then look in your Eclipse install directory for eclipse.ini. Do the same thing with this file.
You may also have to select Project | Clean... for each project. I didn't have to do this, but other people I know did.
I have the Flex Builder 3 stand-alone version Beta 3, my air application is in Beta 2, I made step by step yours indications, but the project doesn't work. I changed the FlexBuilder.ini saved the file and Project - Clean, everything but I still get the same error message.
What can I do now?
Did you recompile the app?
Yes I did, but thanks, I made the air application again with the new beta version.
I'm having the same issue. I've cleaned the app while flex builder was running with the -clean parameter in the .ini file and rebuilt it, both while it flex developer was still running with the -clean parameter and after it had been restarted without the -clean parameter. None of the steps listed have helped.
I encountered a similar problem, plus an additional issue. Like others, I performed a clean using the FlexBuilder.ini as well as manually cleaning the project inside of Flex Builder, but neither seemed to address the root issues.
To solve the invalid application descriptor issue, create another test project from scratch. Look at the application descriptor file that was created for it (nameOfProject-app.xml) and use it as the basis for your old application descriptor file, just changing the few relevant details specific to your old project.
Okay that gets rid of one problem. Hopefully that will fix your issue.
However in my case, my project still won't launch properly in adl. It seems to run okay as the Console outputs various status messages, but adl launches in the background without displaying any application window or bringing it to the foreground.
At this point, I'm going to have to rebuild the mxml file from scratch in a new project.