1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 4:04 PM by Josh_Corey

My students need to fill out a online form and submit their info

PTA Andover

My students need to fill out a online form and submit their infomation. I want it to then be emailed to me. Does FormCentral do that? I have already made by form in Acrobat. How do I get it to be available online?

• 1. Re: My students need to fill out a online form and submit their info
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

Yes, what you are asking for can be done using FormsCentral.  One of the features in a paid subscription is the "Email Notifications" that sends you an email every time someone submits the form.  The notification email can contain the form data as well.

When you say you have "already made my form in Acrobat", did you create the form actually in Acrobat or using the bundled FormsCentral desktop application with Acrobat Pro XI? 

If your form is a PDF created in Acrobat you can use the "Import PDF" feature in FormsCentral to import that PDF and then save a "Submission enabled" PDF that will collect the responses in FormsCentral for you to view and analyze.  The PDF should not be filled out online however, you would want to post a link to download the PDF and instruct users to download and fill out using the Free Adobe Reader - this FAQ talks about PDF in the web browser:  http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4142

If the form was created in the desktop version of FormsCentral and is not online you can sign into FormsCentral and then open the form and click on the "Collect and manage responses online" tab, click "Move form online"

Thanks,

Josh