4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 5:37 PM by A.T. Romano

Can I use PrE 11 HD DVD templates for PrE 12?

RGV

Hello,

I have PrE 11 and just installed PrE 12.  I am wondering (hoping) that I can use the PrE 11 HD DVD templates that I have already downloaded for my PrE 12 installation.  It is unfortunate that Adobe now makes us download these templates as not everyone has a lightning fast internet connection.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

RGV

• 1. Re: Can I use PrE 11 HD DVD templates for PrE 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

RGV

There were no changes in the Movie Menu offerings going from Premiere Elements 11 to 12.

For downloadable Content you should be able to copy the Premiere Elements 11 Online Folder and replace the Premiere Elements 12 Online Folder with it. Please see my blog post on Premiere Elements 11 Content.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/05/pe11-no-content-disc-content-downloads.html

Any questions, please do not hesitate ot ask.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Can I use PrE 11 HD DVD templates for PrE 12?
            RGV Level 1

Thank you ATR!  That was very helpful.

A minor correction is needed for your blog post.  You need to add Adobe between Program Data and Premier Elements for the path that contains the DVD Templates.  You may also want to indicate this works for PrE12 as well.

Thank you again,

RGV

• 3. Re: Can I use PrE 11 HD DVD templates for PrE 12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

RGV

Thanks for the follow up and letting me know of the omission of Adobe in the blog's path to the Online Folder. I have just corrected that.

Later today I will integrate the applicability of the Content information in that blog post to Premiere Elements 12 information (First Look and Daily Discoveries blog posts as well as cross referencing to the Content blog post.)

Many thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Can I use PrE 11 HD DVD templates for PrE 12?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

RGV

I have an important add on for the Premiere Elements 11 user who goes on to Premiere Elements 12 and wants to use the Premiere Elements 11 saved Online Folder (complete) as a replacement for the Premiere Elements 12 Online Folder (incomplete) to avoid the same slow Content download experience of Premiere Elements 11.

This not going to be a one on one swap of the whole Premiere Elements 12 Online Folder (incomplete) with the whole saved Premiere Elements 11 Online Folder (complete).

The 11 and 12 Online Folders are the same, except for the two new folders within the 12 Online Folder.

So, consider:

Premiere Elements 11 Online Folder

Clips Arts Folder

DVD Templates Folder

Movie Themes Folder

Title Template Folder

but

Premiere Elements 12 Online Folder

Clips Arts Folder

DVD Templates Folder

Movie Themes Folder

Title Template Folder

Music Scores Folder (NEW)

Sound Effects Folder (NEW)

Details are included my blog post where I tried to put this information together.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-content-download-considerations.html

ATR