3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 7:00 AM by Noel Carboni

Black Screen

tom48mc

Why after working in camera raw and fixing my photos I switch to photoshop I get a black screen. Some have said to update video card but this is BS. I need help to resolve this

• 1. Re: Black Screen
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Do you have a PC?  If so, you may find that updating the display driver for your video card will fix it.  Go to the web site of the maker of that card to update.

In either case (PC or Mac), try going into Preferences - Performance, [Advanced Settings...] and changing to an alternate drawing mode.  Make sure to fully close/quit Photoshop after making a change there and before testing.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Black Screen
            tom48mc Level 1

I have tried this and even uninstalled and re-installed but to no avail. Everything else on my computer is working fine even Lightroom and Camera Raw but when I try to open in Photoshop I get the black screen and yes I have a Dell XPS PC

• 3. Re: Black Screen
              Noel Carboni Level 8

You could try reconfiguring the drawing mode in the Edit - Preferences - Performance, [Advanced Settings...] dialog.  Make sure to close and reopen Photoshop before testing changes there.

-Noel