4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 10:24 PM by keskasay

Adobe Bridge to Camera RAW

Wind.Dancer13

When I open the application Adobe Bridge and right click on the image that I would like to open into camera RAW I get an error message saying "Camera RAW editing is not enabled.  Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."  I have used it plenty of times before and I don't know why it is all of a sudden not working.  Please help me, thanks.

• 1. Re: Adobe Bridge to Camera RAW
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What happens if you use Photoshop to open a file in Camera Raw?

• 2. Re: Adobe Bridge to Camera RAW
            keskasay Level 1

Got the same message after starting the Creative Cloud Trial.  It would be helpful if Adobe explained the error message in the message or offered a link to possible solutions!

I ran In Design CC  - which apparently is not a qualifying product yet it has a Browse In Bridge option.

I have Photoshop CS5 installed and the CC version of Photoshop failed to install yet says it is up to date. Haven't found a solution to re-install Photoshop CC!  Possibly Photoshop CC has to be run to enable BR?

• 3. Re: Adobe Bridge to Camera RAW
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to open a raw file in Photoshop before you can open any in Bridge.

If your PS-CC failed to install, then you might want to try uninstalling and installing, again, if that is a possibility.

• 4. Re: Adobe Bridge to Camera RAW
                keskasay Level 1

Thanks for the reply.  After connecting to my computer, It took over two hours for the Adobe help desk agent to fix the problem.  After lot of uninstalls and trashed folders later Photoshop finally installed via CC.  Photoshop CC is the app that has to install so that Camera Raw can be used. Whew!  It shouldn't have been this difficult. I initiated contacting Adobe Chat help around 11:30 we finished around 1:15.  All seems well now in CC!