2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 6:39 PM by shawninvancouver

    Document / poster fold names and common characteristics?

    shawninvancouver Level 2

      Hello all,


      I am trying to figure out the lingo... I am creating a long fold-out quick start. It will have five panels per side and probably fold according style four times. I haven't settled on a size but I am guessing about 27.5 inches by 8.5 inches (each panel would be 5.5 x 8.5).


      Like this:


      Basically, I am trying to understand/learn the proper terminology for when I propose this format.


      Besides calling it a five panel, 4 folds, accordion style... is their a more appropriate name?


      I know... double parallel, gate fold, broadside, roll, etc... but what is this called?


      Anything other tips or knowledge I should know about professionally printing/folding this format?


      Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.