3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2013 8:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Can one save multiple portions of an audio clip in Project Assets (PrE12)?

Kawika808 Level 1

I may be looking for something that doesn't exist...I'll appreciate knowing either way.

Can I save multiple portions of an audio clip in Project Assets (PrE12)?  Can I export multiple portions of an audio clip and save elsewhere on my computer?

I have a very long MP3 file that has some very good parts and some very not so good parts.

I would like to put it on an audio track in in PrE12, cut it into segments, and:

1. Save the good segments in the Project Assets (I believe this was called "Media" in previous versions of PrE?) for use in a video project.

2. Export the good segments to a folder on my computer for future use in other projects.

I could cut out one good segement at a time, delete all the rest, export as MP3 and then re-import, but this would be terribly ineffecient and time-consuming.

Is there any way to simply cut up the original MP3 file, delete the bad stuff, and save the good segments directly to the Project Assets and to my computer (via export)?

Win7 Home Premium, 64bit, PrE12 (CD version, not downloaded)