• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows update installs IE 11. IE wants me to install flashplayer. How to do this right?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have a windows 7 64bit computer with Flashbuilder 4.5 installed.   Over the weekend Microsoft update applied updates.  One of which upgraded IE to version 11.

Now when I have flashbuilder open, with my project open and click the run button, IE starts and gives me the "install flashplayer" message.

On a previous machine I had this happen, and when I clicked the provided icon to install flashplayer, it borked the debugger and kinda made flashbuilder unstable.

So, how do I do this right?

thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you have many options:

in your case if you already got burned by IE once, the most obvious reaction would be to change to another testbrowser like Firefox.

or you could start restore and go back to ie10

it all depends how "attached" you are to a browser version which has almost zero market revelance at the moment:

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines