3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 3:00 PM by Mike M

Why is my Flash functioning seemingly not working on my computer?

4fmb

Why is my Flash functioning seemingly not working on my computer?

On IE (and other browsers, including Google Chrome), web pages frequently load with the html showing instead of rendered (ie, as raw html versus as web pages), and also graphics are frequently incompletely rendered as well (incomplete and having a very 'low tech' look -circa Windows 3 or so!).

On one Adobe's Flash Player Help Page, it shows that I have Flash Player installed, and am running version 11.9.900.152. However, on the Flash Player Help page for Uninstalling Flash Player, neither a version number or an error message appears in the grey box. When I attempt to download and run the uninstaller, I get: "The signature of uninstall_flash_player.exe is corrupt or invalid."

Of late, I have had that message appearing on more than just Adobe Flash (ie, other installers downloaded from internet won't download).

I went through a whole Emsisoft process recently to thoroughly clean some malware that had gotten on my system -so I don't think this problem comes from a virus, but... Also, I disable my anti-virus (Avast Free) while I am attempting to download and install/uninstall.

Thank you for any help!