• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Publish cancelled - and it AIN'T what you think!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

For some reason when I publish with the same FTP settings I've used dozens of time, I get a message "Publishing has been cancelled.  Failed to create file: Account_Reminders.jpg."  Now - before you think you know the answer here, I have consulted the forum and read Peter Grainge and others and their very detailed and helpful notes - but unfortunately they're not working for me!

I have created a new folder (twice) and tried to publish to that new folder - same thing.  I created a folder on my hard drive and published to it without problem, so it has to be something involving the FTP.  I am over my head here - can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris.

Have you tried contacting your IT peeps to see if there have been any changes on the server you are publishing to or the FTP client itself? I'd agree that as you were able to publish before and can still do so to your hard drive, the problem is with the server or FTP client. As we don't know anything about your server or even what FTP client you use, I doubt whether anyone here can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboColum(n),

Thanks much for the reply.  I have indeed consulted with my IT peeps, but something still seems rotten in Denmark.  They are able to upload everything perfectly using a 3rd party FTP software with the same exact settings - so it really does seem to be something within the Robo world.  My IT director is going to come to my office Monday and investigate further.  I'm not sure if you or anyone else has any advice on specific things he should check?  Elsewise I will let you all know if we discover anything.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever been able to publish using FTP through RH? If you have, can you identify anything that has changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THAT is the million dollar question:  what has changed?  I have published MANY times successfully - and, to my knowledge, nothing has changed.  I know I have not changed setttings within RoboHelp, and I did verify with my IT director that those settings are still accurate.  That said, it was my *hope* that he might sit at my computer and see something I do not.

However, when I looked up the "Publishing cancelled ..." message here in the forums, it seemed like it might be something going on with Robohelp.  Still, after trying all of the recommendations, I am unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/486500

which suggests renaming the file that can't be created. It actually maybe best to remove all the files from the server location before publishing so you publish to an empty directory. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboColum(n),

I really appreciate your feedback!  I'll let my IT guy know about this on Monday and let you know how it works out.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also just found this on Peter Grainge's site...

Webhelp - Publishing Cancelled.

This crops up occasionally and I have never got to the bottom of it. Some say it is because one of the files or folders has become marked Read Only but when I checked my target, that was not the case.

Fortunately fixing the problem is usually straightforward. The quickest way is to rename the target folder and publish again using the original name, or publish to a new target folder with a different name. After that you can trash the original and rename the new folder.

Another reason can be the the publishing details have lost track of your username and password for the location you are publishing to. This can happen when you start working on a new PC. Just re-enter the details and publish again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A late thought but could you create a new folder higher up. I am wondering if you are publishing to a location that is always a sub-folder of the same folder and that is where the problem is.

If you have already solved the problem, do you know how or did it suddenly work thanks to the elves?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2013 Dec 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks for the continued thought.  Because of urgency, I had our IT director FTP the project up using a 3rd party FTP product.  When I get the chance, I'll try your recommendation.

I guarantee I will need to repost several more times, and will ultimately need to get this figured out.  I will be sure to post the solution here when/if I (hopefully!) discover it.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp