• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files failing to render completely. HELP!

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have rendered around 50+ wedding movies in the last ranging 1-3 hours long videos, but since yesterday, when Im rendering its failing.

Not sure, whats wrong.

Here is an example.

We finished our Premiere Pro Work and exported it to media encoder h264, mp4 file.

Its 12GB file.

Media encoder showed me 12 hours rendering time, and it started.

It reached 92% after 9 hours and immediately stopped.

When I checked the folder, the final rendered file was missing and I saw this 3 files.

http://d.pr/i/yzwB

I guess, since the render did not finish successfully, those are unfinished files.

When I checked the logs, I could see this,

<code> - Source File: Sequence 01

- Output File: C:&#92;Users&#92;Joomla&#92;Documents&#92;Adobe&#92;Premiere Pro&#92;6.0&#92;piyush&#92;piyush_final_3dec.mp4

- Preset Used: YouTube HD 1080p 23.976

- Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 23.976 fps, Progressive

- Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 2 pass, Target 8.00 Mbps, Max 8.00 Mbps

- Encoding Time: 13:35:46

12/04/2013 06:02:21 AM : File Encoded with warning

------------------------------------------------------------

File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure of piyush_final_3dec.mp4.  Reading and writing this file's metadata (XMP) has been disabled.

Adobe Media Encoder

Could not write XMP data in output file.

------------------------------------------------------------</code>

So, what does that mean ?

How do I fix this ?

Please let me know asap, as I need to finish and deliver 2 videos before tomorrow evening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your system? Particularly the OS version and your RAM. A similar bug way back in 2008--same error message, also involving a sizeable sequence--ended up being a Windows problem, which was resolved by Microsoft in October 2008.

That bug was reproducible only with a particular clip, and we were able to isolate a single frame where the decoder choked. If one of your clips likewise has a glitch, you could try to isolate it by exporting the sequence in chunks (via In/Out Points). Given that encoding had reached 92%, I'd start with the last quarter of the sequence. When you isolate a segment that fails, then keep dividing it in two until you narrow it down pretty tightly. At a certain point, you'll want to limit the test exports to individual clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my config,

http://d.pr/i/i9Lk

As said, I have done many renders in the past, it never failed.

Not sure, why since yesterday.

And I never knew, we could do phase by phase export and render through Premiere Pro. Is it for real ? Got a tutorial link ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plenty of RAM and you're not on XP SP2. Very good!

I'm sure some tutorials cover how to export a segment of a sequence, but it's pretty straightforward: if a sequence has in/out points set, then the Source Range setting in Export Settings should default to Sequence In/Out.

If you're old school and partial to the Work Area Bar, you can also set it to export the defined work area. Or you can set in/out points within the Export Settings dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never tried. Need to check youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution is make free space on disc. Premiere need during rendering free space on disc. 2x more as targer filesize. As You can see under Your post: "I think I may have sorted it by deleting all rendered files then exporting the film. This *seems* to have solved it as the export worked fine afterwards." This is partially truth - every deletion on working disc will make free space and correct rendering. Maybe some differences with pagefile.sys, swapfile.sys, different discs with sources and OS/Premiere disc. I had this problem also and solution is have free space on disc. You can make sure when Your rendering is crash, look at time of crash. Delete for example 100MB from disc and try it again. Next rendering will fork longer and will make bigger target file. After make 2x target file size free space, rendering will work fine.

I as a former developer i think, after 2 days of use, after reporting 4 bugs(including this one old) i'm new member of Your Quality engineering team. Hehe. Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. I kinda figured this out on my own after countless rendering and export failures of a feature I'm working on. I just feel like these issues should not be happening for a program I have to pay monthly for.

I don't know if Adobe gets a kick out of monitoring these forums hearing our countless problems that are caused by the simplest things. But I'm starting to think they have a product that works then all of a sudden they release an update that messes up everything else just to keep up with the competition.

My system is a good system and I have an IT background so I have an idea of how the update game works. I wasn't having these render and export issues in the 2014 or 2015 version when it came to exporting 1hr 40min feature films. These countless simple issues are really causing me to look at Final cut.

My production company thrives on post production. So why should I continue to pay for a product that's causing my business to loose money and affect my livelihood? If I can't export a project over an hr long why should I keep using it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to everyone on this thread. I've had the same issue; so frustrating.

There are a number of threads on this error message, all with different suggestions. I turned off the meta-data options in settings, deleted media caches, I checked properties on all the underlying media files & I made sure there was plenty of spare space on the target drive... Still no luck. 
Changing my export to wmv (really not my preference!) avoided the issue, and I now have an exported file. Hurray. Only three days wasted!

Requests for Adobe:

The error code for this bug is unhelpful, uninformative. 

There should be preventative notifications telling me what the cause is. If it is indeed a metadata, or an issue with a single frame in the source h.264 content then please flag the exact problem/timecode so we can work around that file/frame. The suggestion that you progressively export the output to isolate what is causing it is ludicrous with such long render times... and my film is only 42mins at 1080p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Somewhat late to try answer this one for you but maybe it will help people having the same problem (like me half of today).

I had this same issue, tried restarting, using media encoder instead of exporting straight out of Pr and a few hours later and 5 failed exports I think I may have sorted it by deleting all rendered files then exporting the film. This *seems* to have solved it as the export worked fine afterwards.

Go: Sequence -> delete render files

The render bar should turn red (of yellow if you don't have effects or anything).

Then export.

Hope this helps and please let me know if this is the wrong answer, if I mistook correlation for causation.

Corrupted rendering was quite common on FCPX when it was newly released which resulted in green frames.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!!! This helped me. I had to manually remove the render files from the folders and thats what did the trick after.

You saved me on exporting my first feature film

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines