1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 11:53 AM by JJMack

resize pictures

KreugerR

For mobile sales i have to rezise all images to 300x300px 72 dpi square size.

Is there a way i can automate this in photshop or is there a plugin.

Most picture are rectangular portrait or landscape.

Can someone help me.

I have about 8.000 picture to resize.

Thanks

original.jpg300x300px.jpg

• 1. Re: resize pictures
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

KreugerR wrote:

For mobile sales i have to rezise all images to 300x300px 72 dpi square size.

Is there a way i can automate this in photshop or is there a plugin.

Most picture are rectangular portrait or landscape.

Can someone help me.

I have about 8.000 picture to resize.

That is actually two operations its resizing your image to fit within a 300px by 300Px area and then force the image to have a square aspect ratio. This is very easy to do with an action you record and  Batch with the Image processor script. The image Processor is only used to save jpeg files to where you want them stored. The simple action does the resize and aspect ratio change.

Action

step 1 record menu File>Automate>Fit Image.  In the fit image dialog enter 300 in the width and height and click ok.

step 2 record menu Image>Canvas size and enter 300 pixels in width and height make sure relative is NOT check and click OK

That all there is to the action any canvas added will most likely be white. You batch the action using menu File>Scripts>Image Processor set its dialog to process your image files set where to store them. To save jpeg files. and use you action in the process.

Step 1