3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 6:09 PM by A.T. Romano

use win7 video slideshow project media on Mac

Cappolini Level 1

A slideshow video project was created on a Win7 PC, since the Mac version of PE12 doesn't have that capability yet.

Now that the project is finished except for a few minor additional fixes, I would like to be able to make those fixes using PE12 on my Mac since the PC in rarely available for me to use it any longer for further editing.

I am pretty new to PE12 and haven't a clue about how to import (add) the PC media into my Mac PE12 program or even if this can be done.  Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: use win7 video slideshow project media on Mac
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Cappolini

Where did you create this slideshow...in the Elements Organizer 12 or solely in the Premiere Elements 12 Windows Expert or Quick workspace?

1. As far as I have ever heard, you cannot open a Premiere Elements 12  Windows project file (project.prel) in Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

2. If the format is supported, you could put the source media on a USB Flash Drive for transfer Windows to Mac, I suppose. But, what good are the media without the project.prel?

3. What type of editing do you want to do on the Premiere Elements 12 Windows slideshow?

4. My take on this is to export your Premiere Elements 12 Timeline slideshow to a .mov or .mp4 file and then transfer that file to the Mac with Premiere Elements. But, the file will be whole and cuts in it may be necessary if the edits require that.

More later. That is my take on your situation for now. I will think about it some more.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: use win7 video slideshow project media on Mac
            Cappolini Level 1

Thank you for the reply.  Answer is I created the project using both Premiere Elements 12 Expert and Quick workspaces as needed.  Most of the still photos used are in Organizer.

The only remaining editing I might still do is to remove a few “glitches” such as a couple of 1/2 second bursts of audio from from a video clip included that show up between two slides and are simply a bit annoying but not critical.

Please let me know if my reply doesn’t adequately answer you.  I may try your suggestion of exporting to a .mov or .mp4 just to see if that works.

• 3. Re: use win7 video slideshow project media on Mac
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Cappolini

Thanks for the reply with further details.

Minimizing or muting the audio in a file brought into Premiere Elements 12 Mac should not be an issue. Probably no cutting. Maybe some keyframing with the Audio Mixer.

If you need any assists with export details for the Premiere Elements 12 Windows, please let me know, including project preset for the Windows setup. We need to coorindinate the Premiere Elements 12 Windows project preset/export settings/and Premiere Elements 12 Mac project preset for the final export from Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

ATR