5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2013 4:55 PM by the_wine_snob

Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?

OpenDoorSolutions

I bought Premier elements a little over a year ago and now it's obsolete! Not even time to depreciate it.  it's a very poor customer service decision but a very good extract more revenue from your customers decision. Not happy with Adobe anymore

• 1. Re: Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Why are you blaming Adobe when Apple makes changes?

You should blame Apple for not making sure that their changes are backwards compatible

Go to http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements and, in the area just under Ask a Question, type in

mavericks

You may now read all the previous discussions on this subject... be sure to click the See More Results at the bottom of the initial, short list if the initial list does not answer your question

I am Windows so did not bookmark the messages, but I have seen SOME message threads with SOME solutions for SOME mavericks problems

• 2. Re: Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?
            OpenDoorSolutions Level 1

John,

When operating systems are updated software companies and hardware companies generally work with the operating system supplier (Apple or Microsoft in most cases) to ensure compatibility OR there is usually a product update to coincide with the operating system changes. Hardware companies like Hewlett-Packard will have driver updates for OS changes. This was just a very poor handling by Adobe, as that software was still on the shelf at Staples about 1.25 years ago. It's probably pretty reasonable to assume that you'll get at least three years out of it. If Apple or Microsoft had to backwards compatible and ensure all software products in the market you would never see an operating system change.

It could be poor handling by Adobe OR a revenue decision by the same. Either way they may make some short-term revenue but if enough people experience what I have it will be damaging to the reputation. I have to be able to count on my suppliers to be fair and equitable, it's just good business.

Bob

• 3. Re: Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Version 12 is current... so do not expect Adobe to go back and change version 10 to go along with APPLE's changes

• 4. Re: Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Open

Let us get to the business at hand, that is, Premiere Elements 10 and a Mac operating system. Can we assume Maverick?

If that is the case, you may be facing at least two issues to get resolved

a. compatibility between Premiere Elements 10 and the Maverick operating system

and

b. compatibility between selectively Premiere Elements 10 and whatever video card driver version your computer has IF your computer has a NVIDIA video card (most of what I have seen has been from the Windows users).

There has been an epidemic of Premiere Elements 10 users with NVIDIA video cards and display problems. For now, the fix is to roll back the driver version instead of looking for the latest version.

Could you elaborate on your issue "Premiere Elements 10 no longer works"? That covers a lot of territory.

Maybe we can find you some answers. At least we will try but not without details rather than generalizations.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Is anyone else finding premiere elements 10 no longer works with Apple's new OS?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Historically, PrE has been released on a 12 mo. schedule, and usually in about late Sept., or early Oct..

There are few updates issued, though there have been some. Still, Adobe releases the upgrades with that frequency, so major changes, if they occur, are most often there, rather than with patches.

Prior to the CC (Creative Cloud), the regular schedule, for Ps, PrPro, AE, AI, and many other programs, has been approximately every 18 mos., though those programs HAVE had updates, along the way.

Also, and historically, Adobe seldom goes back a version, or two, and makes changes, or issues updates for them. One exception will likely be the various CS 6 programs, which might get updates for OS changes, or major Bug fixes.

Now, going back to PrE 3.0, Adobe DID issue an update, to accommodate Windows Vista, which was released, just after PrE 3.0 was. Not sure how things will happen with Mavricks, but many Adobe programs seem to have major issues with that new OS. Apple declared war with Adobe Flash, and it almost seems that they have done the same with other Adobe programs, but maybe I am just being paranoid?

Good luck,

Hunt