3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 3:37 PM by Deaf Mike

Code for video playback

Deaf Mike Level 1

Hi,

I'm new with Edge.  i'm watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyOxwEsEFo

which seems to allow me to put a video inside of an Edge file.  The problem is I don't know how he's magically bringing all of that code up that plays the video back.  Is there a place where I can copy and paste that code then adjust to my own specs?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Code for video playback
          Deaf Mike Level 1

Hi,

Here is an update.  I typed the code myself.  I typed:

var vid = sym.$("player");

vid.html('<video width ="390" height="219" controls = "controls" src="santa.mp4" type="video/mp4"</video>');

I then exported in Edge the file to an OAM file and then placed that file into my Muse test site.  But the results is not working.  Here is the test:

http://designerandpublisher.com/hs_test/our-story.html

The 20-sec MP4 file does not play (it played when I was testing it in Edge).  Also on frame 20 I put a "stop" command to stop the timeline, but that doesn't seem to work as it's looping.  The MP4 file is in the directly like it should in the above code .

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2. Re: Code for video playback
            resdesign Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Check out edgehero.com for video. Version 3 is coming soon with even better support.

edgeHero.com

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Code for video playback
              Deaf Mike Level 1

Nice site you've made.  What a shame.  I thought Edge was not going to have to require you to code so much so it's almost like Flash.  Anyway, can you point me to a specific tutorial on your site that will allow me to simply play the video i'm trying to do?

Thanks.