7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2013 5:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner

Long160

Purchased Pawtec external blu ray burner. Premiere elements 11 recognizes it as a dvd burner but not a blu ray burner. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

There is no burn to folder for Blu-ray in Premiere Elements (any version), so we cannot use that escape route. What has been used in the past as a workaround for this "no burn to folder for Blu-ray" is creating a Blu-ray disc image with Premiere Elements in conjunction with a virtual Blu-ray burner with a virtual BD-RE disc. I have written about that in the following blog post

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/11/pe12-disc-imagephantom-burner-pe.html

But, as for the Pawtec external Blu-ray burner being recognized in the Premiere Elements 11 burner location in burn to Blu-ray,

a. you may just have an external Blu-ray burner that is not compatible with Premiere Elements

b. you could try for a Premiere Elements 11 uninstall/reinstall going the route of Deactivation with in the program (Help Menu/Deactivate), uninstall via regular Control Panel route, ccleaner run through (https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner), reinstall.

Have you tried another USB port? Does the Blu-ray burner require one or two USB connections to have enough power for functioning?

Also, do you have all you operating system updates?

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
            Long160 Level 1

Thanks for the help. I will try you recomendation but maybe I should stick with AVCHD.

• 3. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

If your burner is recognized in the burner location field for Publish+Share/Disc/AVCHD disc, then AVCHD DVD would be a consideration for a high definition format on a DVD disc.

One of the drawbacks to AVCHD DVD is that the DVD cannot be played back on the DVD player....needs Blu-ray player and not all Blu-ray players support AVCHD DVD. And, there are some software, usually that come with the burner, the will allow for computer play back of the AVCHD DVD. Depending on the size of your project, disc capacity can also be a consideration.

Please let us know the results of your exploration of the comments previously made. We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
                Long160 Level 1

Thank you for following up with my issue.  After reading the info in the link you informed me about Phantom burner, it states it will not work with Windows 8.1 which is what OS I have. I've installed Phantom Burner and  "Media not present" appears.

• 5. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

Sorry about the 8.1 and Phantom Burner and Premiere Elements 12. Looks like we both got the same "Media not present". Very disappointing.

Any chance of you getting (or borrowing) another external Blu-ray burner to determine if the issue is specific to the external burner that you have (Pawtec external blu ray burner)?

If you are fixed into your present situation, you might explore the idea of burning your Timeline to AVCHD DVD and then burning the BDMV Folder from that disc to a Blu-ray disc with a free program such as ImgBurn??? Then determine what that looks like on your Blu-ray player after first finding out if the disc produced is compatible with your Blu-ray player.

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
                    Long160 Level 1

It turns out it was the Pawtec burner.  I tried an LG Blu-ray burner and it works. It's Windows 8 compatible (maybe this helped).  Thanks.

• 7. Re: Premiere elements 11 does not recognize blu ray burner
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Long160

Many thanks for the follow up with the great news that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements project with the LG Blu-ray burner. Good job.

Your follow up will be an aid to those in similar situations.

Best wishes with your projects.

ATR

1 person found this helpful