11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2013 1:58 PM by the_wine_snob

Video Rendering

JeffLapp

Although I don't have actual video on the project, my project doesn't want to render. I have text that needs to be rendered, but it doesn't work when I click on video rendering. I am unsure what to do from here

• 1. Re: Video Rendering
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

• 2. Re: Video Rendering
            A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffLapp

More details are needed to give you the answer that you seek. So, we will generalize, being as specific as we can under the circumstance.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

2. What have you or the program set as the project preset for your project?

3. You say that you have a text title that needs rendering....in that case, is there a red line or orange line of the text Title? (Red if Premiere Elements version earlier than 11, and orange if 11 or 12.)

a. Rendering the Timeline content is a preview thing, and this color indicator system is the program telling you whether or not you are viewing the best possible preview of the playback of the Timeline content in the Edit Mode monitor. If you have no colored line or a green line over the Timeline content, then you are not going to get rendering because those indicators (no colored line or green line) are for content for which you are already getting the best possible preview.

b. If none of the above applies to you, then we need to look at other factors, such as, where the Video Previews are being directed (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.) and such.

Let us start here and, with your details to guide us, we will work through the troubleshooting with you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Video Rendering
              JeffLapp Level 1

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 10 and there is a red line over the video. I'm unsure where to find the program set.

• 4. Re: Video Rendering
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Along with John T's & ATR's requests for info, plus ATR's suggestions, I have one more question (sorry).

In your Timeline, do the WAB (Work Area Bar) brackets encompass the Title(s)? Rendering will ONLY be done to material under the WAB (within the brackets).

Normally, as one adds Assets (Video, Stills, Titles, etc.), the WAB will expand to include all of those. However, if one has reset the WAB, then that automatic expansion will no longer take place, and the brackets must be moved to include the area that one wishes to Render, or to export with certain settings.

If you have any questions on the WAB, this Tips & Tricks article might be a good place to start: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5272265#5272265

Also, like the red/orange line that ATR referred to, the look of the WAB brackets changed from about PrE 10 - 11 & 12 - same functions, but the look is a bit different. Those changes are reasons that it's important to know the version of PrE, that one is working with.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Video Rendering
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffLapp

To check out what the program set as the project preset, please look at Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings there (grayed out or not), especially Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size.

Please clarify what you are trying to render.

At the onset you said

I have text that needs to be rendered

But, in your follow up, you say

there is a red line over the video

Do you have a screenshot that you could post of the Timeline track situation immediately before you attempt to render to get your best possible preview by pressing the Enter key of the computer main keyboard?

Also...there are 2 gray tabs in the WorkArea Bar above the Timeline. Those tabs need to be set to span the area to be rendered. Is your content, with the red line over it, spanned by the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar? If requested, I will post a screenshot to what I am referring.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Video Rendering
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffLapp

I did not see Hunt's comments until after I had posted my follow up (post numbered 5) to our discussions of your rendering issue. We are going in the same direction.

ATR

• 7. Re: Video Rendering
                      JeffLapp Level 1

I moved the WAB brackets to encompass the titles and it worked. Thank you very much. When I do want to export, is there anything I need to do with the rendering? When I look to see if I could possibly export, it's grey

• 8. Re: Video Rendering
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffLapp

Where are you looking when you say "....if I could possibly export, it's grey"?

Are you in Share/Computer/ and then what?

If you do not have QuickTime installed on the computer with Premiere Elements, you will not get QuickTime presets.

What is your intended export for this Timeline?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...By any chance are you seeking to export via File Menu/Export? If so, that sharing is no longer available. That is now reserved for saving titles created in the Titler. Are you trying to save your text title for use future use or something else?

• 9. Re: Video Rendering
                          JeffLapp Level 1

When I go under File, the "export" option is not available to choose.

• 10. Re: Video Rendering
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

JeffLapp

If you are trying to save your text title created in the Titler, then you

a. have the Titler closed

b. go to the Project Media area and the title's thumbnail

c. highlight the title's thumbnail in the Project Media

d. then File Menu/Export/Title

Please let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Video Rendering
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

Great news!

As for "Export," are you attempting to save a Title to a Template, or to output your Timeline to a file.

For the former, ATR has given you the steps for that.

For the latter, go to the Publish+Share Tab, and choose the format and specs. that you require. Note: if you do not see all of the Publish+Share options, look to the right side of that Panel, and use the little scroll bar - it is not that easy to spot.

Let us know what you are trying to output/export, please.

Good luck,

Hunt