4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 6:38 AM by A.T. Romano

Elements 10

cjgries

Elements 10 on Mac 10.6.8 will not recognize raw files made with Nikon D7100. Any solutions out there? Thanks

• 1. Re: Elements 10
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cjgries

When you refer to Elements 10 are you working with Photoshop Elements 10 or Premiere Elements 10 and Camera Raw?

If you have Photoshop Elements you can edit raw images in the Camera Raw dialog, but with Premiere Elements the Camera Raw plug-in allows you only to use raw images or dng files in your Premiere Elements project.

But, the key to Camera Raw...

Your Nikon D7100 must be supported by a version of Camera Raw

and

That Camera Raw version must be compatible with the Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements version being used.

Let us see what the online Adobe document show...

This document tells that the Nikon D7100 was not supported by Camera Raw until Camera Raw 7.4.

The following document seems to tell us that Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 are not supported by Camera Raw after Camera Raw version 6.7.

If this is really Photoshop Elements focus the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum can confirm this information. You could go the conversion to .dng route or upgrade your Photoshop Elements 10/Premiere Elements 10. Upgrade would be to versions 11 or 12.

Please advise.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 10
            cjgries Level 1

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am using Photoshop Elements 10 (not Premier Elements 10). So I guess the solution is to upgrade to 11 or 12. But don't Elements 11 and 12 require OS 7 or higher? I am at present running OS 10.6.8.

• 3. Re: Elements 10
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should have no problem running Photoshop Elements 10, 11 or 12 or Premiere Elements 10, 11 or 12 on OSX 10.6.8.

Although it doesn't hurt to download and test drive the free trial before purchasing it. Just to be sure.

• 4. Re: Elements 10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

cjgries

I am just starting my day and was about to response to your latest post when I see that SG came through with the Mac information.

I agree with SG on try before buy.

I just noticed that I neglected to put the links cited in the post numbered 1. Sorry about that.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR