3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2007 10:57 AM by Captiv8r

How do I get a slide to pause?

bobmcinnis
      I have a slide with four buttons on it, each that will jump to different places in the slideshow. My problem is I can't figure out how to get the slide to pause long enough to wait for someone to click on a button. Is there a "pause" setting somewhere? I can see I can add a quesiton slide, but it seems as if it wants me to choose from a variety of questions, instead of just letting me put in buttons and have it wait.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: How do I get a slide to pause?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi bobmcinnis

Your question seems quite odd to me. Why? Because a Button object by its very nature should be pausing the slide. If you double-click the Buttons and examine the properties, look at the Options tab. In the Timing area should be a check box labeled "Pause after". I'm guessing that for some reason your buttons don't have this selected.

Change that setting and see if things improve for you.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: How do I get a slide to pause?
            bobmcinnis Level 1
            Of course, now I see. I'm sorry to bother you with such a basic question. I fear I'll have a few more like this before my project is completed.

I looked everywhere in the help document. I'm sure it was right in front of me.

Thanks so much for the fast response!

Bob
            • 3. Re: How do I get a slide to pause?
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again Bob

Happy to help. No need to apologize. I've been there too. I like to call it the "I can't see the stupid forest for all the darn TREES in the way" syndrome.

Cheers... Rick