6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2013 6:59 AM by the_wine_snob

PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track

Serge1209

Couldn't find it. Seem tryed every thing.

I'm using Mac Pro to edit my movie, OSX 10.8.5.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you say "soundtrack", do you mean the audio for your entire movie or only the music soundtrack?

Either way, you can lower the volume of the audio on any clip by dragging the horizontal yellow line that runs through the clip up or down.

Be sure to open your Audio Meters and make sure that your audio is full but does not exceed zero! Don't trust the sound in  your computer speakers to the audio levels for your finished movie.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Serge,

Welcome to the forum.

There are several ways to accomplish attenuation of the Volume in either an Audio Track, or an Audio Clip.

Steve G. has mentioned a couple: the Volume "rubberband" in the Clip, and the Audio Mixer. One can also adjust the Clip's Gain. The method used will likely depend on what one wants to do, and what they are working with, i.e. individual Clip(s), or the whole Audio Track, with multiple Clips.

This Tips & Tricks article discusses most of the methods: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3472343#3472343

Note: some of the Images in that article were done in earlier versions of PrE, so the "look" might differ, but the mechanics are basically the same.

Steve G's question will direct you as how best to accomplish what you want, and the answer will also direct us, in helping you choose that method. His suggestion to use the Volume rubberband is the easiest method, and can be used to attenuate the whole Clip's Volume, or one can Keyframe the Volume, to attenuate just a portion of that Clip.

If you can let us know a bit more about what you have, where the Audio is located, and exactly what you wish to attenuate, someone can be more specific with instructions.

Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please.

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
              Serge1209 Level 1

Thanks Steve and Bill.

I wanted to add sound track with music but I cound't lower volume, it was too loud. I was wondering that on my setup wasn't screen like that tip said on the link in Bill post. What I found that on main screen there's 3 modes: Quick, Guided, Expert. I was on Quick and that was my problem.

Thanks for helping me.

Serge.

• 4. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What happens if you switch to Expert view and try what I suggested?

• 5. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
                  Serge1209 Level 1

All worked out exactly as I wanted. I've got those screens in Expert view and Adjusted volume of my music sound track. I also got access to adjusting volume and equalizer on Clips sound. I guess it's new in PE 12. I did a short movie in PE 11 but don't remember having that problem. Thank you guys.

• 6. Re: PE 12. How to lower volume of sound track
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Serge,

Great news. Sounds like your Audio is now where you want it.

Good luck, and happy editing.

Hunt