1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 7:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Unable to import .mp4/.ts into Premiere Elements 3.0

Akvod

I've captured footage from my PlayStation 3 using this device: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com/game_capture/live_gamer_portable
      The device saves the footage in a .ts file.

I've tried to get information on the file using a program. If there's a better way to do it, please let me know:

TS SS.PNG

When I try to import the file into Premiere Elements 3.0, I get an error message: "File format not supported/One of the necessary components may not have been installed."

I've converted the file into an mp4 format with this program: http://ftp2.avermedia.com/C875/C875_utility_v1.0.0.9_20131029.zip

Information on the file:

MP4 SS.PNG

But this did not solve the problem.

Ideally, I would like to avoid converting the video file, if that would take up a lot of time. If I can just upgrade Premiere Elements, that would be the most ideal solution.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

• 1. Re: Unable to import .mp4/.ts into Premiere Elements 3.0
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Akvod

I am able to import a .ts file into Premiere Elements 10, 11, and 12 Windows 7 64 bit.

But, not so, for Premiere Elements 4, 7, 8, and 9.

And, the reason why your .mp4 conversion did not work would be in accord with the fact that you used AVCHD as the video compression, and AVCHD video compression was not supported by Premiere Elements until version 7.

If you do decide to move to version 12, please note that there is a dramatic difference in workspace between 3 and 12. So, go the free tryout of 12 before any purchase.

You could try to convert the .ts to H.264.mp4 and not AVCHD (MPEG4 AVC/H.264).mp4 and see if that works for you.

ATR