6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 12:58 PM by vixxenb

lost encode activation code

vixxenb

Hello i reset my computer and lost all my data and had to reinstall my adobe elements11 and do not have my encoder activaction code and with out this i am unable to edit my video's. how can i regain this code?

• 1. Re: lost encode activation code
          Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

A moderator will come along soon and move this thread to the correct forum.

Your serial number is either on the back of the box or

If its a download from Adobe you can find your serial number in your Adobe Account (my Adobe/my Orders)

Otherwise you need to contact the one who sold you Elements.

• 2. Re: lost encode activation code
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

As Ann points out, this is the PrPro Forum.

I will Move your post to the PrE Forum. Your link and any e-mail subscriptions will follow along.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Moved to PrE Forum]

• 3. Re: lost encode activation code
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vixxenb

Did your Premiere Elements 11 come as a pre-install on your computer so that you never really had a serial number in the first place?

If that is the case, as Ann Bens mentioned as one of her alternatives for you, then you need to contact the computer manufacturer if there is any hope.

The best case scenario is if you have your product registered with Adobe and it and its serial number are there in your account.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: lost encode activation code
                vixxenb Level 1

No I have my serial number but for some reason i cant edit my video and it s asking for a encode activation code online I believe I need this for my video portion to edit videos

• 5. Re: lost encode activation code
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

vixxenb

Thanks for that clarification since I think that the previous replies have been going in the direction for your need for a purchased serial number.

There are various processes that need online activation during the intial phases of your working with the program.

If this is as you describe, then the focus need to be directed

a. Your Internet Connection...its sounds like you are getting a message about an encoding code that you get online and then paste into the requested field in the message. I got one of those recently. First time that ever happened to me, and I am not using the program(s) for the first time. I followed the instructions, and everything worked thereafter. Does any of that apply to you?

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?

c. What is the fomat of the video that you have on the Timeline and what is your encoding choice (please detail).

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: lost encode activation code
                    vixxenb Level 1

The copy and paste version. Also I need to check my quick time