6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2014 9:34 AM by A.T. Romano

In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer

WeavingWater

In Adobe Premier Elements 12 the Organizer closes as I try to open it

• 1. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you be a little more detailed about "the Organizer closes as I try to open it"?

The Organizer closes when you try to open what?

And does this mean that the Organizer works just fine until you open whatever it is you open?

Also, please give us more information about your computer hardware and operating system.

• 2. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
            A.T. Romano Level 7

WeavingWater

I have found that the Elements Organizer 12 that is part of Premiere Elements 12 has a tendency to want to make a swift departure. The program is on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit.

The fix for me has been deletion of the Elements Organizer 12 settings file and/or creating a new catalog.

If the Elements Organizer does not stay open longer enough, then delete the settings file psa.prf via the path (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf file that you delete. (A new psa.prf file will be generated by the program once you open the Elements Organizer again.)

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

Another way to get at that settings file is from the Premiere Elements workspace. As you hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys (altogether), mouse left click and hold the click on the Organizer tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements workspace. Hold that mouse left click for about 15 seconds and then release it. You should see the pop up asking your permission to delete the Organizer settings file. Click Yes. Release the Ctrl+Alt+Shift hold down.

As for creating a new catalog, see Elements Organizer File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager.

Please let us know if any of that worked for you. All that has been working for me. The Elements Organizer will run fine for a time and then revert to the bad behavior which is quickly remedied by the techniques cited above.

ATR

• 3. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
              Fabs6

I have the exact same problem. When I try to open Adobe Elements 12 Organizer on my MacBook Pro (Mac OSX 10.6.8) it closes immediately. It says :

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Elements 12 Organizer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/dvacaptioning.framework/Versions/A/dvacaptioni ng

Reason: Incompatible library version: dvacaptioning requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

But I bought Elements regularly, I installed it properly. Why is there some library not loaded ? And where can I find it, or what can I do to make it work ???

Thanks for your help.

• 4. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Fabs6

Word got out today that Adobe has updated version 12 to 12.1

Photoshop Elements 12

Elements Organizer 12

Premiere Elements 12

The update is said to address stability and performance of version 12 for the above.

Please go to Help Menu/Update and update to 12.1 and let us know if that solved any of your Elements Organizer issues.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
                  Fabs6 Level 1

Thank you very much for this info, Romano.

I downloaded the update and followed the updating process. I have now the complete Element in the version 12.1.

.... and it still doesn't work !

I mean, Premiere and Photoshop work fine. But Organizer quit before it opens.

And it says the same thing :

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Elements 12 Organizer.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/dvacaptioning.framework/Versions/A/dvacaptioni ng

Reason: Incompatible library version: dvacaptioning requires version 7.0.0 or later, but libcurl.4.dylib provides version 6.0.0

Any other idea ?

• 6. Re: In Adobe Premier Elements 12 Organizer
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Fabs6

Thanks for the reply.

I think it might be a good idea to get Adobe involved via its Adobe Chat.

Please click on the following link, and, when it opens, click on the statement "I still need help" to bring up the Adobe Chat to discuss

"Downloading, installing, and setting up".

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=downloading-installing -and-setting-up

I have seen online exactly what you are reporting. But all those cases do not show any resolution. I do not have a Mac computer otherwise I would look at this first hand.

Let us see what Adobe Chat has to say about all this. Depending on the outcome, we will then decide what next.

If the installation files could be the issue, we might want to explore downloading tryout files from the following web site and inserting the purchased serial number into that.

http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-elements-12-direct-download-links-premiere.html

If you try this approach, read the Note: Very Important Instructions at the web site carefully; otherwise you will get an Access Denied message when you click on the files for download.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR