2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2013 9:30 PM by Silkrooster

slideshows

dan the man

is it possible to build a slideshow set to music using PS?

• 1. Re: slideshows
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You could do the slide show with Bridge, but it wouldn't be synced to any music.  Do you have PowerPoint?

• 2. Re: slideshows
            Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Sure its possible, but you have to do it manually. It helps if you can see the audio graph when you create the keyframes. If you have Adobe Audition, that would help. At each peak create a new slide. If not then you will need to judge where the new slide needs to be by ear.

You should find several audio editors avaiable for free on the net, if you don't have one.

Adobe Lightroom will create a slide show to music, but I beleive it adjusts the overall timing to the music so they finish at the same time. But I don't recall it having any features for switching to the next slide to the beat.

If you don't care about slides to the beat, then it becomes much easier in photoshop since you don't need to see the audio graph. Why photoshop doesn't supply a miniture graph is beyond me.

If you happen to have after effects or premeire both of those apps do have an audio graph in the timeline.