4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2007 9:00 AM by Mike_Dub

Can't find Fade Between?

Mike_Dub
      Hey Captivaters,

I'm using Captivate 3. I'm trying to fade between two slides, which is simple enough.. but when I'm selecting a slide, and going to its properties, I only see a "Fade" transition, no "fade In" "fade out" or "fade between."

Unfortunately, the "fade" effect itself isn't for my purposes, since I only want to fade out of one side, and into another.

I'm a newb, but I know these options were once there. Am I doing something wrong?
        • 1. Re: Can't find Fade Between?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Mike

You aren't crazy. The option was once there. Captivate 3 removed it in favor of ten new transition types.

Sincerely... Rick
          • 2. Re: Can't find Fade Between?
            Mike_Dub Level 1
            Thanks Rick!

I'm glad I'm not going crazy... but how can I create a fade out effect on one slize, then a fade in effect on another? I don't want both slides to fade in then fade out.
            • 3. Re: Can't find Fade Between?
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi Mike

I suppose you might do it as follows. Use a Highlight Box object. Configure the transition on it. So I'd insert a Highlight Box and configure it to fade IN on the slide where you want it to fade OUT. Time it so it appears at the end of the slide. This depends on your background color, but I'll assume white. So configure the highlight with no frame and white as the fill color. Set the transparency to 0 so it totally covers whatever it is over. Then stretch it so the object covers the entire screen area. Repeat the process for the next slide. But reverse the fade. Instead of fading IN, fade it OUT.

Give that a go and see if it does what you want!

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Can't find Fade Between?
                Mike_Dub Level 1
                Rick,

Your suggestion worked!

I had considered doing something like this, but it seemed very "hack-ish," so I was hoping Captivate would make my life easy. No such luck, I guess!

Thanks!